Any other A6 FI cars experience this off idle?

FullOutPwr

Established Member
Initially my car was pushing the front tires at stop lights, which has since been slowed down a little bit after a few tune revisions but am still seeing an off-idle onto throttle issue and wondering if this is normal for an FI coyote.

I feel like i have to use quite a bit more foot pressure on the brakes at stop lights to keep the car from moving versus before the Whipple. When I let off the brake, the car will move initially really strong on it's own as I'm switching from brake to accelerator then feel like all of a sudden its pulled itself back. I can see after I feel the "pull back" the RPM has dropped off where it was when I had my foot on the brake and feel its initial pull from where I've released the brake. Idle RPM with no AC on is 850.

I've made this mentioned to my tuner several times, and so far the only changes I'm seeing in tune revisions are how significant the "pull back" is from the initial take off.

Super hard to explain. I have some SCT logs if anyone thinks they would help. Tuner is one of the big 3 for FI coyotes.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I would say it's definitely tune related. However, if you have a big throttle body that can be hard to dial in properly. What throttle body are you using?

I have an A6 with a 2.3 VMP tuned by AED. I do not notice any difference with the brakes holding at idle compared to stock.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Sounds like you're running the Gen 5 3.0 Whipple that's an awesome setup. I still think it's probably tune related but I wouldn't press it too much since you have the new throttle body coming. Wait until you get that one installed and see how it does.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread