Any original owners around?

Fordlitenin

So I decided to hit up some forums looking to see what everyone is doing for tires. Instead of tire chats, I found all the forums are dead. SVTP seems to be the most active and even that's a stretch. I have no idea how many of these trucks are still around, but it's been almost 20 years since the last one was sold new.

So, any other OG owners around? Got mine in 2001...

Terberta

Established Member
So I decided to hit up some forums looking to see what everyone is doing for tires. Instead of tire chats, I found all the forums are dead. SVTP seems to be the most active and even that's a stretch. I have no idea how many of these trucks are still around, but it's been almost 20 years since the last one was sold new.

Terberta

Established Member

Black 04, got to watch it pulled off the transport trailer. Had 1.5 miles on it. now have 37000. Mainly stock.

Whaley-B17

Still in the family but I’m not necessarily the original owner… I inherited my Dad’s white 1999 lightning. It was the first 2nd gen lightning purchased in the state of NC. It has 185k miles on it but after a tune up it is running great! It’s driven almost daily & I am currently looking for a place to get it painted.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
Mine is mostly stock too. Put FTVB in it in the early days and shackles and that was mostly it. Put a K&N cold air in it maybe 6 years ago. Recently replaced the cruise control buttons as the plastic broke and fixed the cup holder with a riveter.

Oh new bed cover too.

Other than that, she sits in the garage on the battery charger waiting for an excuse to go on a ride!

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
I'm not the "original" owner of my 1999 Lightning, however it's been with me since July 13, 2001. It's now in need to a transmission rebuild and a paint job. I've purchased a few more mods and upgrades this past year or so that I have yet to install. I'll do it in due time, or not. LOL.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I still have my 2002, it's at around 46,000 miles. And 90% of those miles were put on it in the first 6 to 7 years, now it sits in the garage next to my 1997 Cobra. It needs new tires right now before I can get it out for summer, so that's on my list of to do's. I'm just not sure what tires to go with this time, I usually run the Nittos but I might try something different this time I'm not sure.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
I still have my 2002, it's at around 46,000 miles. And 90% of those miles were put on it in the first 6 to 7 years, now it sits in the garage next to my 1997 Cobra. It needs new tires right now before I can get it out for summer, so that's on my list of to do's. I'm just not sure what tires to go with this time, I usually run the Nittos but I might try something different this time I'm not sure.
let us know what you decide to go with. I've been running the NT05's the last few times. The tires age out before the tread at this point in her life.

Dusten

Established Member
Sold mine to my brother.

Man, the times on here in the mid 2000s was awesome.
Forum wars, questions on how much boost would blow a rod, 4 v 6 lower, porting and who to get the port from etc.

The good ole days.

Now it's just **** sticks with sunroofs and white tire letters.

I actually just put mine in storage.

SilverStreak02

Established Member
Took the L out last night.
3F8F8FD4-9AD1-463F-A6E4-E4D042A8E53E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread