Any original owners around?

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
So I decided to hit up some forums looking to see what everyone is doing for tires. Instead of tire chats, I found all the forums are dead. SVTP seems to be the most active and even that's a stretch. I have no idea how many of these trucks are still around, but it's been almost 20 years since the last one was sold new.

So, any other OG owners around? Got mine in 2001...

SilverStreak02

Established Member
Seems like we are few and far between these days. I frequent NLOC.net but the traffic is mostly Gen1. Nothing wrong with the Gen1, just not much going on otherwise over there.

djc

Professional Nerd
Established Member
Seems like we are few and far between these days. I frequent NLOC.net but the traffic is mostly Gen1. Nothing wrong with the Gen1, just not much going on otherwise over there.
Agree. I guess the 3rd+ owners that have L's aren't the enthusiast type. Mine is mostly a garage queen but looks nice with the recent ceramic coating I put on her!

oilwell1415

Established Member
Original owner here. Still have mine. It mainly sits in the garage with 18k ish miles on it. But for some reason I decided to mod it up this year after leaving it alone for probably 15 years.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Yup,
'01 Silver here. Literally 20 years of ownership this past April, plus my truck was built back in Mar '01 too. Unreal.

Can't believe all the history with my truck & where we have been too.

1 VET ETR

Established Member
Can't believe it has been 20 years! Sitting at 14k miles...

BS4A4233-1.JPG

mikeybbad

So I decided to hit up some forums looking to see what everyone is doing for tires. Instead of tire chats, I found all the forums are dead. SVTP seems to be the most active and even that's a stretch. I have no idea how many of these trucks are still around, but it's been almost 20 years since the last one was sold new.

TXRickC

Established Member
Can't say original Lightning from when I registered here back in 2001 but have my 3rd truck :)

Attachments

• D934420C-5E3D-4F8C-9D4C-589256C0F634.jpeg
    D934420C-5E3D-4F8C-9D4C-589256C0F634.jpeg
    357.6 KB · Views: 136

01lnroush

Established Member
Was an original owner many moons ago...made the worst mistake of my life when I sold her. Will be back in one shortly.

Had a 2001 L Silver Metallic that matched my 2001 Roush Mustang Stage 1 Silver Metallic

Fordlitenin

Original owner 2001 Ford Lightning doesn't look bad at all.

Users who are viewing this thread