Any one interested in a murdered out Turbo cobra?

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
buy it back, from what i remember you never really enjoyed the car once it was put back together. plus OCEAN CITY is right around the corner.

Satan's Snake

Established Member
buy it back while you got the chance. a good friend of mine sold his cobra to someone a couple years back, dude sold it and my friend has been kickin himself in the ass ever since

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Dude buy it back we'll have a turbo party at your place, I'll bring the sauce!!

TRBO VNM

hard to say Mike. It really depends on how you feel. I know you wanted to get into a different type of car and try something new. Would buying to back make you feel like you are settling for it and not getting what you have been waiting for?

Another thing to think about, if you had the money to buy this back, why have you not bought something else already? I know you said you sometimes regret or wish you didn't sell it, but again, if you have really wanted to get into something else, why haven't you and would you be settling?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Buy it back, better weather is around the corner.

Also, busta is bring weak sauce :)

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I actually emailed the guy I sold my car to earlier this week asking if he was interested in selling. Haven't got a response yet...

I really didn't want to get a loan for another car, but in this case I might have to reconsider. Does it still have those horrible Cobra seats in it?

Last edited:

qwikhuh

Established Member
Philly are you serious about possibly buying it back? If not do you have this guys contact info? I would like to contact him about the car and he has no contact info in his post. Any reason for me not to buy this car?

Dale I am assuming you are kidding about the Cobra seats or is their some issue with them?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I mean, its cool that they are carbon fiber and all, but I just don't particularly like the way they look. I also hear they are super narrow and not very comfy. I think I remember Mike trying to sell them for a while, but it's hard to get $3000 for a pair of seats.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
hard to say Mike. It really depends on how you feel. I know you wanted to get into a different type of car and try something new. Would buying to back make you feel like you are settling for it and not getting what you have been waiting for?
Another thing to think about, if you had the money to buy this back, why have you not bought something else already? I know you said you sometimes regret or wish you didn't sell it, but again, if you have really wanted to get into something else, why haven't you and would you be settling?

I do want to buy something else. I just posted it up if anyone was interested in it. Honestly I could buy another car but I'm choosing not too with this economy. My company is not fairing so well and is also entrenched in a huge battle with the FTC in which we might lose. If we do lose it could cripple my company and I don't know what might happen with my job. I have been spending a ton of my money on firearms (class 3's) that aren't going to lose any value anytime soon.

Philly are you serious about possibly buying it back? If not do you have this guys contact info? I would like to contact him about the car and he has no contact info in his post. Any reason for me not to buy this car?

Dale I am assuming you are kidding about the Cobra seats or is their some issue with them?

I will pm you his contact info....I wouldn't hesitate for a second buying this car. It was running perfect when it left. He drove it from philly to Chicago which is were he put most of the miles on it since he has owned it. I liked the seats. I know Jason didn't care for them to much. The new owner liked them too. Everyone has different taste. I know I sat in some custom seats in another members car that people love and I hated the fit.

I mean, its cool that they are carbon fiber and all, but I just don't particularly like the way they look. I also hear they are super narrow and not very comfy. I think I remember Mike trying to sell them for a while, but it's hard to get $3000 for a pair of seats.

Dale I was asking best offer. Most offers were between $1,200-$1,900 for the pair. I just didn't feel like going through the hassel of taking them out shipping them and then looking for another set of seats. If the new owner doesn't like the seats I'm sure they could sell them fairly quickly on here....especially if you offered them @ $1,200.

Last edited:

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Whoever buys this car needs to DRIVE it for the love of god!!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Mike, I wasn't saying your price was too high, I was commenting that the seats are expensive as hell when new and its hard to find people that will pay that kind of money.

But seriously, I wish I could buy this thing. I would already have it if I had the money, or at least more money.

qwikhuh

Established Member
Currently "negotiating" with the wife for additional funds lol

I have a decent amount put aside to put a built JLP motor, Hellion Turbo, T-56, and Misanos in my Cobra but I am seriously considering buying this one and selling mine to help offset the cost. I just picked up a set of 17 in Alumastars that would look sick on Phillys car powdercoated black :) I just need to think this through a bit and see what makes sense. My car and I have a lot of history but Phillys car appears to be done right and in the long run would probably be cheaper than going through my car again. On the other hand I have a hang up about buying cars already done. It will annoy me that it will always be Phillys car. Yea I know I am nuts but when you work on cars for a living that happens.....

If nothing else you guys just saved me $3000 by talking me out of the Misanos. I have Cobra Daytonas that are very comfortable but my drivers bolster is starting to show wear so I was going to replace them with Misanos. Sounds like I will just be buying a new drivers Daytona.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread