Any of these cars worth bidding on?

Zemedici

Established Member
I didn't really get into the boy racer scene much back then. I know what the car is, just don't think much of them.

Screen_Shot_2020-01-14_at_10.34.57_AM.jpg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Back in 2002-2003 I was taking a 1992 Eclipse GSX (father to the Evo) to the local drag strip every weekend. There wasn't a terminator or LS Camaro/TA around that posed a threat to that car.

Granted, it was built with a larger turbo and fuel system, but that "boy racer" was running bottom 11s at near 130 back then and absolutely made a mockery of any "American muscle" available during the time in my area.
I remember when I started drag racing my stock 12 GT. Flat foot shifting with a DA of around 10,000' it would run 13.5s all day long.

I rolled into autozone and one of the workers there had a GSX and had left his dial on the window from the weekend, 12.11. I could not believe that was legit, turns out it was lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Shiiiit Dom get you an R32 GTR

With the craziness going on they’re ONLY $65k+

You know, what 2014 R35s were going for 18 months ago :D

Yep... and to think I was seeing R32's on Seattle and Portland Craigslist a year ago for like $20-25k with pretty low miles. Should have grabbed one.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I remember when I started drag racing my stock 12 GT. Flat foot shifting with a DA of around 10,000' it would run 13.5s all day long.

I rolled into autozone and one of the workers there had a GSX and had left his dial on the window from the weekend, 12.11. I could not believe that was legit, turns out it was lol.

That's a great story.

The times have definitely changed in favor of the current v8 technology, but back in the early 00's the turbo 4 bangers were cleaning house.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Holy shit, should we get the dictionary out and start critiquing every single word in each post? Maybe my use of the word was technically wrong but it got the point across that Honda puts a lot into their engineering to build reliable, solid vehicles. Do you know of a single brand that has built a perfect a vehicle that's never had issues? Neither have I so why would a transmission issue in a specific generation of vehicles prove otherwise what we all know to be true? You think Honda actually makes shit vehicles then?
Every manufacturers has a shit vehicle, every manufacturer has a very reliable vehicle.

Hondas best vehicles IMO were the 90s from a reliable standpoint.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd rather a new Supra over any of the older models. For me, I always liked the mid 90's TT RX7 over anything else Japanese of the time.
Loved those Rx7. Had one swept from me while I was test driving…. Pretty sure it was a call to a friend from the salesman…

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd rather a new Supra over any of the older models. For me, I always liked the mid 90's TT RX7 over anything else Japanese of the time.

I've always been a diehard Ford guy, was raised that way. Hell, at the very least American. But man, my neighbor bought a new Turbo RX7 back in the day and I loved that car. I still have a soft spot for that car.

Users who are viewing this thread