any news on a new sho?

ez112

Established Member
A lot of people criticize and comment that the new possible SHO will possibly be without a Yamaha engine. Which I guess is alright...

But if you look at years passed, the SHO has been seclusive to Yamaha and has always had a high reving engine from them. Since the dawn of 88 til the end in 00.

Just to slap on some no name company's powerful engine and to name it an SHO is just something that doesn't sit well with me.

I would still much rather see the 4.2L Yamaha with almost a 100HP less than the Twin Force TT V6 be the new SHO. That's just me. A Twin Turbo Family sedan just doesn't seem like it's going to all in a reasonable price range.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
motoman991 said:
The pics from the first you link you posted are photochopped. I remember seeing them on shoforum but I forget who did them.

i know that. just as the photos for the new trans ams are photochopped. the question and the reason for this thread was a varification or nulification on the rumors that ford is testing a high performance taurus as we speak?

Shoman594

Established Member
The news people have read is not fake, strong rumors have been coming out of Dearborn about a HI Pro Taurus for a while now.

I am doing everything in my power to keep this thing going! :banana:

Last edited:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
The new 3.5 has already proven in ford "testing" to be a great engine. Its the engine that needs to be in the base Mustang. Its got potential for 300hp without the aid of a power adder.There no reason it could be in-house modded to that and still kep reliable and packaged as an SHO. Or throw a pair of small turbos on it,some forged rods which it may already have..add the already opt. awd,charge 35k for it and call it a day. Thats what "I" would do.

Users who are viewing this thread