Any newer Expedition Owners?

GodStang

Established Member
Wife is getting sick of her horrible Odyssey and wants a SUV. I have always had a ton of electrical issues with Chevys so staying away from the Tahoe. Was looking at the 2018-2019 Expedition. Anyone have one? How do you like them? Any dos or don'ts when looking for them on options?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I have one for the wife. 2018, loaded XLT.

Only thing she wanted but didn't get were the front sensors but the Limited ones they had were also fully loaded and well I wasn't paying that much just for sensors.

Power is nice. The 10 speed has worked flawlessly so far. Sport mode wakes it up. Gets 20.5mpg.

Looking for the Max or standard size one?

I like it. Some minor issues along the way, first one was a dealership issue, but they took care of it. Rides nice. Only thing my wife misses from her Durango is the exhaust.

GodStang

Established Member
I have one for the wife. 2018, loaded XLT.

Only thing she wanted but didn't get were the front sensors but the Limited ones they had were also fully loaded and well I wasn't paying that much just for sensors.

Power is nice. The 10 speed has worked flawlessly so far. Sport mode wakes it up. Gets 20.5mpg.

Looking for the Max or standard size one?

I like it. Some minor issues along the way, first one was a dealership issue, but they took care of it. Rides nice. Only thing my wife misses from her Durango is the exhaust.

Wife wants standard size. I asked on the Max and she said no. I am still trying to figure out what options are what and which I actually need.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@GodStang I drove one for a few weeks, really enjoyed it. Ordered a twin to it.

We sell 10x's more Limited models than we do XLT models. We also sell more MAX length ones compared to standard.

The standard length ones are fine if you don't expect any cargo while utilizing all three rows. If you have bags, etc...it won't fit with the 3rd row up.

As far as options, I'm a huge proponent of the following:
  1. 2nd Captain Chairs
  2. Heated/Cooled Seats, Heated steering wheel
  3. Powerfolding running boards
  4. Power rear hatch
  5. Power folding 3rd row seats
As far as options that I enjoy but didn't have to have... the Adaptive Cruise is awesome and the twin panel moonroof. My 2020 on order has both.

I always suggest the biggest wheels you can fit, the smaller ones look silly on such a big vehicle in my opinion.

If you're wanting some price quotes hit me up and I'd be more than happy to assist.

GodStang

Established Member
Thanks for all the info. I did not know power rear hatch was even an option. I guess I need to add that to the wants. Right now in my 2010 explorer I have one of the seats in the third row folded down where we store bags/luggage. My other son sits in the other seat and my other two kids sit in the middle row. I think that is what she has in mind for traveling. I may need to have her look at the Max to make sure she still thinks it's too big.

Unfortunately we are only looking to spend about $45K on one so new is way out of our price range at this time.

@GodStang I drove one for a few weeks, really enjoyed it. Ordered a twin to it.

We sell 10x's more Limited models than we do XLT models. We also sell more MAX length ones compared to standard.

The standard length ones are fine if you don't expect any cargo while utilizing all three rows. If you have bags, etc...it won't fit with the 3rd row up.

As far as options, I'm a huge proponent of the following:
  1. 2nd Captain Chairs
  2. Heated/Cooled Seats, Heated steering wheel
  3. Powerfolding running boards
  4. Power rear hatch
  5. Power folding 3rd row seats
As far as options that I enjoy but didn't have to have... the Adaptive Cruise is awesome and the twin panel moonroof. My 2020 on order has both.

I always suggest the biggest wheels you can fit, the smaller ones look silly on such a big vehicle in my opinion.

If you're wanting some price quotes hit me up and I'd be more than happy to assist.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for all the info. I did not know power rear hatch was even an option. I guess I need to add that to the wants. Right now in my 2010 explorer I have one of the seats in the third row folded down where we store bags/luggage. My other son sits in the other seat and my other two kids sit in the middle row. I think that is what she has in mind for traveling. I may need to have her look at the Max to make sure she still thinks it's too big.

Unfortunately we are only looking to spend about $45K on one so new is way out of our price range at this time.

I sell used as well ;)

Have her drive both. The size difference isn't noticeable while driving...but it is when you're packing to go somewhere.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

FWIW I got our XLT new for 45k prior to taxes

Options it just depends on your preference. I got 18"s but I know I was going to swap to aftermarket 20"s down the road so no need to add more to price to swap them anyways. Don't care for the sunroofs, as every Ford I've owned has leaked from there at one point. Wife didn't want captain chairs either

Never used the adaptive cruise control in my SRT Jeep and my wife didn't care for it so no need to buy one with it. Didn't want one that had the lane assist either.

I liked the Max as could use the 3rd row and the luggage area, but the wife didn't want it so, idc.

I would go to a dealer, check out the XLT+ and see what options you actually think you'll use or use it once and then never again.

Wifes main wants was nav, backup cam, cross path, light color leather interior, and a truck that wasn't a dog(so no 5.3L chevy lol). Other features she liked but wasn't exactly needed. Especially for a truck that will endure two young kids and dog(s)

GodStang

Established Member
Thanks for the input. Right now we are at Dark color (Blue, Gray, Black, in that order) and dark interior. Key less entry, Navigation, and push start. She has gone back and forth on wanting second row captains chairs. I wanted Heavy duty Tow package w/3.73 gears (looked at FX4 package). Also wanted DVD system but heard that it was not the greatest. Now that I know there is an auto hatch I want to add that to the list. 2WD or 4WD is a wash either way.

FWIW I got our XLT new for 45k prior to taxes

Options it just depends on your preference. I got 18"s but I know I was going to swap to aftermarket 20"s down the road so no need to add more to price to swap them anyways. Don't care for the sunroofs, as every Ford I've owned has leaked from there at one point. Wife didn't want captain chairs either

Never used the adaptive cruise control in my SRT Jeep and my wife didn't care for it so no need to buy one with it. Didn't want one that had the lane assist either.

I liked the Max as could use the 3rd row and the luggage area, but the wife didn't want it so, idc.

I would go to a dealer, check out the XLT+ and see what options you actually think you'll use or use it once and then never again.

Wifes main wants was nav, backup cam, cross path, light color leather interior, and a truck that wasn't a dog(so no 5.3L chevy lol). Other features she liked but wasn't exactly needed. Especially for a truck that will endure two young kids and dog(s)

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the input. Right now we are at Dark color (Blue, Gray, Black, in that order) and dark interior. Key less entry, Navigation, and push start. She has gone back and forth on wanting second row captains chairs. I wanted Heavy duty Tow package w/3.73 gears (looked at FX4 package). Also wanted DVD system but heard that it was not the greatest. Now that I know there is an auto hatch I want to add that to the list. 2WD or 4WD is a wash either way.

Yea, Captain chairs to me are nice but with 1 infant(soon) and one toddler she wanted a seat between the kids. Can see the value of those captain chairs for easy access to the 3rd row. The power folding seats (2nd and 3rd) is a nice feature. Especially when you got to load a long object in the truck.

They have good deals on these trucks once the next year comes out. Got 12k off ours. Went with 2WD for her truck since we already have a 4wd truck if we want to go off the path/snow/etc.

The DVD feature was another she would of liked but could live without. Didn't look up reviews on it though.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
We recently leased a loaded up standard length Expedition and absolutely love it. My wife and I drove every large SUV on the market (Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, Expedition, Escalade, the Infiniti and Lexus, etc.) and it came down to Yukon Denali, Escalade and the Expedition.

Drive all three and ended up with the Expedition. Let me know if you have questions. You’ll love it.

GodStang

Established Member
We recently leased a loaded up standard length Expedition and absolutely love it. My wife and I drove every large SUV on the market (Tahoe, Yukon, Suburban, Expedition, Escalade, the Infiniti and Lexus, etc.) and it came down to Yukon Denali, Escalade and the Expedition.

Drive all three and ended up with the Expedition. Let me know if you have questions. You’ll love it.

If you don't mind saying what options you found that you like.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I’m not sure there’s an option we don’t have as ours is the Limited with the Stealth Edition Package (303A). Magnetic Gray with black leather interior.

The power running boards, LED lighting and the overall rise quality are just flat out amazing.

We are heading to Alabama from Michigan for spring break and I’m interested to see what mileage it gets when loaded up for a long drive.

GodStang

Established Member
I’m not sure there’s an option we don’t have as ours is the Limited with the Stealth Edition Package (303A). Magnetic Gray with black leather interior.

The power running boards, LED lighting and the overall rise quality are just flat out amazing.

We are heading to Alabama from Michigan for spring break and I’m interested to see what mileage it gets when loaded up for a long drive.

Oh man the Stealth Addition looks great!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Neither have the ones I've driven, or traded for.

coposrv

Established Member
I’ve noticed a few around town that have all had their power running boards stuck in the down position.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread