Any mufflers interchangable with slp loudmouth catback modular system?

Mineral_01'

Established Member
Hey guys, I currently have an '01 cobra (IRS) with slp loudmouth 1 catback system. I am also running longtube headers and an offroad H-pipe. This set up is WAY to LOUD for daily driving. Is there any other muffler (other than loudmouth II's) that could be interchanged with the current catback system? I want to run slp power flo's but am told they wont work because of the offset design. Can any straight through muffler of the same length work?
Any help is apperciated.

Last edited:

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
+1...i hear ya..i am in the same situation..
i had been debating if someone was in the same boat that i was...lol

hopefully someone will chime in

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
You can interchange them with the regular magnaflows. I had L/T's, Catted X and LM1's and i absolutely loved it!!!
You got to change the O/R H, makes straight through mufflers sound nasty. Go with and X-pipe.

txblackmach1

StockR
Established Member
i have a set of bassani mufflers that are center/center...they just might work..:D
bad thing i have to look for them in storage...lol

1badblownstang

juiced snake
Established Member
Pretty much any muffler with the irs configuration will fit, they/you might have to use a slip fit connector but I know I switched from the same ones to super44s and there was no problem. I left the rest of the slp set up on because its very good quality and fit. (polishes up nice also)

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
I've never owned an slp kit but i'd think that NONE of the other muffs would be a direct bolt in if that's what you are looking for. more than likely something is gonna hafta be tweaked.

Users who are viewing this thread