Any Kentucky Derby Fans??? Tiple crown.

Jibber

Kevin
Established Member
First part of the Triple crown coming up this weekend. Kentucky Derby starting it all off. Anyone going? Betting? Watching?

I wish I could go to one of these events. Looks like alot of fun.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
My uncle was a jockey agent, even had Pat Day in his early years.

I got to spend a lot of time on the backside of the tracks; Kenneland was my favorite. Got to see Hialeah before it opened back up, it was a ghost of a track. But man you could almost feel the history in the air; gorgeous place. Never made it to the Derby though. Would have loved to.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I will watch, I believe mint juleps are a traditional drink for the event so I will have one

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I'm what you would call a casual fan but I'll be watching. Racehorses are awesome athletes.

My uncle was a jockey agent, even had Pat Day in his early years.

I got to spend a lot of time on the backside of the tracks; Kenneland was my favorite. Got to see Hialeah before it opened back up, it was a ghost of a track. But man you could almost feel the history in the air; gorgeous place. Never made it to the Derby though. Would have loved to.

That's pretty cool you got to hang out at the racetracks.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Anyone watch the Preakness? I'll Have Another has won the first 2 legs of the Triple Crown now winning the Preakness in the same fashion as he won the Derby and catching the same horse. Very exciting race.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
Was at the preakness yesterday and other than a really bad sunburn and being a bit hungover it was a really good time. was on the back stretch and when they went by I'll have another was in third place went nuts when he won.

Users who are viewing this thread