Any interest in flared CF front fenders?

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
Ran into a guy on IG who made some for a new edge. He said he’d need 5 or 6 pre-orders to start building a set.

He’s local to me so I’d use my car as a guinea pig.

http://www.rhrperf.com

IMO a slight flare would look great, plus give us flexibility for larger tires and S197 brakes w/o having the front wheels poke out.

Thoughts?

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
5A6EC829-38D1-4684-A9D4-37E266FA264A.jpeg

Well I was thinking more along the lines of something like the older SL500’s, which would make the flare independent of the front bumper. Something like this would match up nicely with the export fender flares for the rear and some fat rubber. At least IMO

amorrow

Established Member
I like that style of flare, just not for SN95s as those aren't the style used on the notable racers at the time. The pushed-out radiused flare as shown on the SL looks great on older Mustangs as that's what was period for the Ford-backed racecars (my '70 and the original Trans-Am racecars have those flares like that). But I've had a project idea in the back of my mind for a long time...ground up build from a clean SN95 shell, duplicating the Saleen widebody panels, Roush-Yates power, something like a Jerico 4-speed. I'd be happy to buy the panels from someone else if a run is being made, so I'd consider a set but only if they closely resemble the Saleen panels as run at LeMans in the late '90s. If I had time I would've made molds by now, but unfortunately I haven't. So please make these, lol. They are much more complicated designs given the wider fascias, rear quarters, rockers, etc. But my opinion one of the best looking Mustang designs ever built/raced, and I'd have a hard time saying no if accurate panels were available...

MdvOd4B.jpg

Last edited:

gsxrracing

Established Member
I may know someone that has the ability to make the racecar body kit again. Is there a lot of interest in this kit? If there's enough interest I maybe able to talk him into making them. I think its the bumper hood fenders door skins quarter panel and I believe the rear bumper. I no the kit wont be cheap. I'm not sure if he does the rear spoiler. I believe it this kit
97saleen_mustang_lm_1.jpg

Last edited:

amorrow

Established Member
I am very interested given price is within reason. Does he have any original molds as starting point, or has already made some for accurate replacements? If you find other interest to bring cost down, please keep me in mind, as it’s something I’d like to do eventually...whether I take it on making molds myself (starting from nothing which will be a huge task), or buy from someone else more experienced with panel making.

amorrow

Established Member
Great, thank you! Had no idea any of the original molds still existed or if anyone was capable of reproducing the panels.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd be interested in some Saleen C pillars designed to for our SN95s

Some of those old-school fenders would be great too. Remember the Home Improvement Saleen?

gsxrracing

Established Member
I talked with him today he's going to pull out what he has. take a few picture and send them to me. He will let me know cost of the kits as well. Its a lot of big parts to make the race car kit so shipping wont be cheap. He thinks he has a few saleen hood molds as well as spoiler molds

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
Not enough interest to make this happen and the thread kind of spiraled into different style flares.

Users who are viewing this thread