Any Ideas

GT2aCOBRA

Established Member
OK first i have a 96 GT and i now have a spun bearing:gt: Well anyway i was just wondering what would be good to put in her (motor wise) sumthing that will run strong? also if it is a complete motor or atleast most of it that would be better cuz my car is my daily driver and i need to get it back on the road so any info will be great thanx alot

P.S.if anyone knows of any good places to look such as websites or anything post em thanks

Sean

GT2aCOBRA

Established Member
an 03 cobra motor yea riiiite those go for about 10g's or more so thats a big no lol, and yes was thinkin about the 01cobra motor but im still not quite sure on it, by the way does anyone know if a 5.0 would work in a 96 gt? 302 or maybe 306 or upwards

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
You might have to change the wiring haness, and I think the bell housing, but it should work. Go 5.0!!:thumbsup:

Nazgul

Black Rider
Established Member
Consider the FRPP 5.0 DOHC modular engine. Just like the Cobra, but with more displacement (=more torque). Use a Cobra computer.

Paul

4camV8

Established Member
four cam if money permits... otherwise a nice aluminum headed 331 would be sweet.

G

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
dude.....just buy a cheapo 306 short block.....5.0 baby! You can get a good strong 306 short block for like 1800 and then just do some wiring and ECM calibration and your set. And more displacement than a 4.6= more torque and more potential.

GT2aCOBRA

Established Member
i can get an 01 cobra crate motor with no accessories for $2500, but i could prolly find a 306 that is built up with more hp/torque for around that much rite? and how hard would it be to make it work in a 96 gt with the computer/ecu ect? and what would the pros & cons be off both cuz of rite now i think the 306 is lookin to be the best way to go or maybe 331 with a TT set up lol ok im done dreaming

Users who are viewing this thread