Any Harley owners out there?

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If so, serious question:

Is there an SVTPerformance equivalent site for Harley Davidson bikes?

Saleen498

Established Member
If so, serious question:

Is there an SVTPerformance equivalent site for Harley Davidson bikes?
Svtperformance has no equivalent, it it superior in all ways and the fact that you even ask shows you are not capable of processing it's true greatness.

Seriously tho. If you find one, let us know.
2015 Night Rod, it's like a Harley, but you know, fast and reliable.

02 Saleen #498
03 Cobra #5467
15 GT PP #wgaf

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I like this HD:

2HUEHEFY75GL5LKIHXUOHJEVQ4.jpg

SHOdown220

Established Member

Demoed one of those back in may, doesn't look, feel or sound like a Harley, but that's ok. It's not the type of bike I ride but I can still appreciate the adventure bike segment. That motor pulls like hell and the tech in the bike is really cool. I especially appreciate the adaptive ride height which lowers the bike automatically when you come to a stop so you can get your footing then raises the bike as soon as you take off. I can't believe one of the big adventure bike manufactures didn't think of this sooner.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I second HDforums. Great site with active members, lots of good discussion and tech. Easy to lose a week's worth of productivity scrolling through build threads.

jaxbusa

Established Member
I haven’t been on HDforums in a long time. I got frustrated with people not using the search function and asking about exhaust pipes all of the time.

The quality of people and ideas on this forum is going to be hard to find anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SHOdown220

Established Member
I haven’t been on HDforums in a long time. I got frustrated with people not using the search function and asking about exhaust pipes all of the time.

The quality of people and ideas on this forum is going to be hard to find anywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Yeah I won't argue there a lot of repetitive posts there, and the worst is old thread bumps. If you continue to scroll at the end of a thread it will roll right into a "related thread" and people will comment on that 10 year thread, bumping it to the top and others don't check the thread dates so they start commenting on it too. It's the worst "feature" I've seen on any forum.

Other than those complaints it's still pretty good entertainment and information.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
@James Snover So are you looking to get one? If so what are you looking at?

Some variant of the Dyna Glide family. The last model I could identify was the FXR. Since ‘01 Im completely out of touch with what’s what.

The local dealership has a 2015 Low Rider, in green, that looks perfect for me.

I love the look of the soft tail, but I like the ride of the Dyna’s better.

And that’s about where I’m at, so far, in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SHOdown220

Established Member
Some variant of the Dyna Glide family. The last model I could identify was the FXR. Since ‘01 Im completely out of touch with what’s what.

Being the owner of a 2014 Low Rider I'm happy to answer any questions you have about that model in particular. The dyna glide section on hdforums has been super helpful for me. You can't go wrong with a dyna, especially one of the later ones. Coming from a guy who used to trade bikes once a year I've owned my Low Rider for just over 7 years since new and it's not going anywhere. I will add to the stable soon but my LR is staying with me.

As a side note though, the softail line went through a major over hall for the 2018 model year and included some previous dyna models in the lineup. It was a huge improvement, I have ridden several and they really don't feel like the older softails, they are comfortable, quick and handle well. I still prefer the sound of my twin cam to the M8 though.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Vtwinforum used to be good back in the day. I haven’t been on there in years though to be honest.

There were a lot of active members at the time and some just like our “special” members we have on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

You can't go wrong with a Dyna. It should have the 6-spd which is a big plus. They are stone dead reliable. I believe they have the 103ci. Get it, you won't regret it.

SHOdown220

Established Member
You can't go wrong with a Dyna. It should have the 6-spd which is a big plus. They are stone dead reliable. I believe they have the 103ci. Get it, you won't regret it.

Agreed. That one will have the 103 6-speed, I don't remember if 15 or 16 was the year they switched to the 103HO which wasn't much of a difference other than a slight cam change IIRC. Other than a couple very minor easily fixed for next to nothing problems mine has fantastic and never left me stranded. Still puts a smile on my face every time I ride.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Agreed. That one will have the 103 6-speed, I don't remember if 15 or 16 was the year they switched to the 103HO which wasn't much of a difference other than a slight cam change IIRC. Other than a couple very minor easily fixed for next to nothing problems mine has fantastic and never left me stranded. Still puts a smile on my face every time I ride.

I have the 103 ci in my Ultra Limited, plenty of power to lift the front wheel on 1-2, which is scary on a 900lb bike. 26k+ miles and no leaks or bs.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member

Best Harley family there is. Shame Harley killed for the ****ing Sloptails...

If you are looking for a simple lightweight big twin cruiser, a Low Rider or Street Bob. IF you want a better platform for touring on the Dyna or a great platform for handling mods, go FatBob. I owned a 2012 FatBob and loved it... for being a Harley.

If you REALLY want a the best modern Dyna built for RIDING, the you need to look for a 2016-2-17 Low Rider S. It will be harder to find but it is the ultimate Dyna in my opinion. I almost bought one, but the deal wasnt good for me.

Even had a CVO engine that wasnt called a CVO engine. Honestly.... in my opinion, this is the Apex Harley Dyna.

hd_low_rider_s_16_01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread