Any guesses on the limits of the stock clutch?

03DOHC

Established Member
Now that some are pushing 500rwhp/tq, not to mention the few running nitrous, any guesses when the stock clutch is going to give up the ghost?

No reported engine failures yet, that I've heard here, due to mods. Anybody lose a trans or clutch yet? Anyone?

david smilovic

Established Member
I'm stepping up to an after market being I have redone my entire motor and in its latest DE-TUNED version it will put 625 to the wheels with 4:10's,Dave S.

cubes

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Now that some are pushing 500rwhp/tq, not to mention the few running nitrous, any guesses when the stock clutch is going to give up the ghost?

Anyone?

noslo50

Established Member
Mine gave up tonight, not off the launch but in upper rpm of second and third gear, i don,t know if it was crappy to begin with or it was from the mods with drag radials but after my second run i pulled over to talk and noticed it was smoking out of the drivers wheel well. I was so pissed i couldn,t really feel it slipping but it definatly was smoking. So what do you recommend for a replacement.

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Originally posted by david smilovic
I'm stepping up to an after market being I have redone my entire motor and in its latest DE-TUNED version it will put 625 to the wheels with 4:10's,Dave S.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread