Any gt500 at sticker

Blackdevil77

Established Member
We had ours on the market a month or two ago, received 4 offers in 48 hours, all within $5k of asking...we took it off the market because we couldn't find anywhere we'd be ok with moving.

We bought the house in 2016, and it's value has increased over $250k.

Yup it’s insane. I feel horrible for younger people trying to start their lives right now. Opportunities for those starting out is near non existent. It’s not uncommon for homes to go for 70K over asking where I live, and the prices are already astronomical.

03'Darin

Established Member
The car market and housing market are about the same right now. If you're selling/trading something you're able to take advantage of where the market is. So you're trading or selling high but also buying high. So it kind of washes out. Buying without trading or selling you're just paying the high market value right now. I've seen people buying something new trade for less money now than they could a year ago. The used prices have climbed that much.

Keep in mind new car prices don't go up in situations like this (unless there is an admin added). Rebates drop or go away completely changing the new vehicle cost. But the rebates we've lost have been less than the used car values have climbed. The problem right now is finding a new vehicle

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The car market and housing market are about the same right now. If you're selling/trading something you're able to take advantage of where the market is. So you're trading or selling high but also buying high. So it kind of washes out. Buying without trading or selling you're just paying the high market value right now. I've seen people buying something new trade for less money now than they could a year ago. The used prices have climbed that much.

Keep in mind new car prices don't go up in situations like this (unless there is an admin added). Rebates drop or go away completely changing the new vehicle cost. But the rebates we've lost have been less than the used car values have climbed. The problem right now is finding a new vehicle
I'm sure you meant addendum...not an admin.

New vehicle prices have skyrocketed as much as used. I get calls every day with dealers offering $6-9k over MSRP for F150s and $8-12k over for Super Duties. Couple those addendums with lower rebates and you're looking at a $10-20k swing in pricing....which is exactly what the used truck market has done.

Sent from my Potato

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Yes, I am frustrated. I get it, I'm not knocking them for doing it, it's just frustrating because a mark up is going to be what keeps an otherwise somewhat obtainable car out of reach for me. Just not meant to be I guess.

I don't expect this model to end for 2022. With the whole auto market pandemic disaster plus the chip shortage I can't see any auto makers moving forward on a new car release right now. Sales are down which means less money to work with for future efforts. I think they will hunker down and just ride this out for 2-3 years.

Tom

Blackdevil77

Established Member
I don't expect this model to end for 2022. With the whole auto market pandemic disaster plus the chip shortage I can't see any auto makers moving forward on a new car release right now. Sales are down which means less money to work with for future efforts. I think they will hunker down and just ride this out for 2-3 years.

Tom

I hope you’re right. Gives some hope that one of these will be attainable before the run is over.

BCPD199

Established Member
I hope you’re right. Gives some hope that one of these will be attainable before the run is over.
I've been through these ADM's for years now and have never once paid them. Back in '99 with the first IRS rear, they had them. Then in '03 for the 10th Anniversary, they had them. In '04, they had rebates to help dealers move them. Remember the '08 and '09 GT500 KR's, yep, massive ADM's. By the middle of 2010, they could be had below sticker. This chip shortage/supply chain issue will lengthen them; but, they will be available without an ADM. A good bunch of us have already bought them without one. Time is one your side.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Tom

Ford announced, officially, the Maverick today.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I've been through these ADM's for years now and have never once paid them. Back in '99 with the first IRS rear, they had them. Then in '03 for the 10th Anniversary, they had them. In '04, they had rebates to help dealers move them. Remember the '08 and '09 GT500 KR's, yep, massive ADM's. By the middle of 2010, they could be had below sticker. This chip shortage/supply chain issue will lengthen them; but, they will be available without an ADM. A good bunch of us have already bought them without one. Time is one your side.
This gives me hope 1 day I will be able to buy the Twister Orange I want, lol.

03'Darin

Established Member
I'm sure you meant addendum...not an admin.

New vehicle prices have skyrocketed as much as used. I get calls every day with dealers offering $6-9k over MSRP for F150s and $8-12k over for Super Duties. Couple those addendums with lower rebates and you're looking at a $10-20k swing in pricing....which is exactly what the used truck market has done.

Sent from my Potato

We call it dealer admin or market adjustment when we put the addendum on the window.

That's crazy that you're getting offers like that from other dealers. If that's the case and you don't mind saying, how much are you guys getting for them retail to the customer? If you're not a previous customer of ours we're at sticker for new inventory other than our GT500's.

Tom

New sales are only down because there isn't any inventory. I would be selling a lot more right now if I had vehicles to sell.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We call it dealer admin or market adjustment when we put the addendum on the window.

That's crazy that you're getting offers like that from other dealers. If that's the case and you don't mind saying, how much are you guys getting for them retail to the customer? If you're not a previous customer of ours we're at sticker for new inventory other than our GT500's.

New sales are only down because there isn't any inventory. I would be selling a lot more right now if I had vehicles to sell.

I think at some point someone at your store misconstrued ADM to mean admin and not addendum.

I've been selling them for MSRP.

I could sell my whole new car inventory for MSRP+ today, but then I would be out of vehicles to sell and would still have to pay my salesman. I have 0 interest in taking away their opportunity to make money.

03'Darin

Established Member
I think at some point someone at your store misconstrued ADM to mean admin and not addendum.

I've been selling them for MSRP.

I could sell my whole new car inventory for MSRP+ today, but then I would be out of vehicles to sell and would still have to pay my salesman. I have 0 interest in taking away their opportunity to make money.

Could be. I've been here 34 years and the few times we've market units over sticker they've been marked like that.

We're in a market right now almost like Harley was several years ago where they wouldn't sell you a new bike if you didn't have a trade in. I haven't seen any dealers doing that yet but if things continue the same it wouldn't surprise me.

The other issue with selling your new inventory to a dealer is you've lost your chance of trade ins, back end profit, service customers, potential referrals and repeat customers. So that short sided profit would really cost you in the long run.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Could be. I've been here 34 years and the few times we've market units over sticker they've been marked like that.

We're in a market right now almost like Harley was several years ago where they wouldn't sell you a new bike if you didn't have a trade in. I haven't seen any dealers doing that yet but if things continue the same it wouldn't surprise me.

The other issue with selling your new inventory to a dealer is you've lost your chance of trade ins, back end profit, service customers, potential referrals and repeat customers. So that short sided profit would really cost you in the long run.

We aren't accepting Plan Business without trades. We'll gladly order a vehicle on a Plan Purchase without a trade.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Last dealership I spoke with said Ford is suggesting selling these cars for 20K over sticker and that the dealerships have to pay over sticker to get them...

That dealership flat out lied to you. LOL Ford does not, has not, will not, tell a dealer to charge over MSRP.

As far as buying them, yes, dealers can buy them from other dealers for MSRP or above.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
That dealership flat out lied to you. LOL Ford does not, has not, will not, tell a dealer to charge over MSRP.

As far as buying them, yes, dealers can buy them from other dealers for MSRP or above.

I know he lied. Drove me nuts, and I can’t say anything because I’m not in the dealership business. All I was able to say is “So you’re telling me, Ford is suggesting to sell the car for 20K over the MANUFACTURER suggested retail price?” He stumbled a bit, but held his ground.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know he lied. Drove me nuts, and I can’t say anything because I’m not in the dealership business. All I was able to say is “So you’re telling me, Ford is suggesting to sell the car for 20K over the MANUFACTURER suggested retail price?” He stumbled a bit, but held his ground.
What a moron.

Sent from my Potato

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That's rather insulting what he said to you.

Looked at a Toyota years ago for the wife. The salesman was trying to justify the over sticker price they were asking by saying that is how it works and you get the difference back when you sell it. So it then went like this when I asked...

"So you **** me in the ass now but I get some payback when I **** the next guy in the ass?"

"Basically."

Blackdevil77

Established Member
That's rather insulting what he said to you.

Looked at a Toyota years ago for the wife. The salesman was trying to justify the over sticker price they were asking by saying that is how it works and you get the difference back when you sell it. So it then went like this when I asked...

"So you **** me in the ass now but I get some payback when I **** the next guy in the ass?"

"Basically."

It’s insane, I wish it was illegal. Basically legal price gouging. People paying the absurd mark ups and them being allowed to do it is why it exists. I remember seeing a video of the 2013 GT500 development and Carroll Shelby talking about how the working man should be able to afford this car with some hard work and sacrifice. I wonder what he would think of these mark ups. I get it, it’s business, but at the same time it drives me nuts.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It’s insane, I wish it was illegal. Basically legal price gouging. People paying the absurd mark ups and them being allowed to do it is why it exists. I remember seeing a video of the 2013 GT500 development and Carroll Shelby talking about how the working man should be able to afford this car with some hard work and sacrifice. I wonder what he would think of these mark ups. I get it, it’s business, but at the same time it drives me nuts.
Please don't ever refer to Shelby in that way again lol He was the biggest snake oil salesman ever, until Elon.

Have you seen the absurd prices on their(Shelby America) kits?!

Sent from my Potato

Users who are viewing this thread