Any E85 Lightning owners

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
I have an E85 distillery right ahead. So I would change in the near future.
What I have to change to run E85 except the right tune?

Chris

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Chrs,

First off, Welcome. :beer:

The same basic essentials go for Lightnings as any vehicle.

You will need the capacity to be able to deliver around 30% more fuel to the engine and a retune. Wether it be larger pumps, lines, injectors, etc....

That's about it.

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
Ah ok! I thought there where maybe something special about the Lightning. Like complete E85 conversion kits with everything what you need.

Greetings from Germany!!

Chris

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Hi I have 6,000 miles and months on E85 on my lightning and I have had zero problems with running it. Fuel wise all I have is the normal twin 255's and 60lb injectors and that was good for 520rwhp and 602rwtq on a dynojet.

The only lightning tuners I am for sure have tuned trucks on E85 are JJ@WMS and Dante at DMP

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
Hi I have 6,000 miles and months on E85 on my lightning and I have had zero problems with running it. Fuel wise all I have is the normal twin 255's and 60lb injectors and that was good for 520rwhp and 602rwtq on a dynojet.

The only lightning tuners I am for sure have tuned trucks on E85 are JJ@WMS and Dante at DMP

Thank you! That is what I want to hear ;)!!

So you did not change the fuellines? Just pumps and Injectors? Whats about the fuelfilter?

How is the power difference between the stock fuel and with E85 at your truck? You drive it with 100% E85?

Thank you! I will ask my here in Germany if he tune my Blitz. But I think he can, cause there are some E85 stations here!

Regards from Cologne

Chris

vjay88

Too little to late
Established Member
Yes Stock fuel lines and stock paper filter. I upped the boost 3 pounds when I switched to E85 so it was a huge difference over my crappy 91 tune.

red97

Established Member
I have a lightning-powered stang and makes 510rwhp-596rwtq with an eaton 15psi on 93 octane psi motorsports tuned. In the next couple months i hope to have an entire return style e85 setup. :banana:

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
I have a lightning-powered stang and makes 510rwhp-596rwtq with an eaton 15psi on 93 octane psi motorsports tuned. In the next couple months i hope to have an entire return style e85 setup. :banana:

That sounds like a nice ride!! Please let me know if the setup is done and what kind of new numbers terrors the street!

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread