Any doctors on this board?

CobraKalas

Established Member
Had a small injury yesterday playing football with some friends, landed on the outside of my foot and took myself out of the game. Had an X-Ray done today and this is what I see from the 2 pictures. It hurts where I have circled RED and looks like a small break/fracture. Anyone know how serious it is?

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
no.. but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
FordSVTFan is/was an MD. Also, Kirks5oh is I think :shrug:

CobraKalas

Established Member
Think I need a cast or just a boot? I can stand but hurts to put any pressure/weight on just that foot. Also hurts more to left leg and let foot dangle than it does to have foot supported

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Think I need a cast or just a boot? I can stand but hurts to put any pressure/weight on just that foot. Also hurts more to left leg and let foot dangle than it does to have foot supported

Buddy, how did you get the xrays without getting a medical examination, anyway?

CobraKalas

Established Member
Buddy, how did you get the xrays without getting a medical examination, anyway?

I went to my family doctor, he said he wasn't sure if it was a break/fracture or a sprain so he gave me a order form for an x-ray, got the x-ray done at a different location. They sent a copy of these to my doctor and gave me a cd-rom. I got home and checked these out.

Last edited:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Walk it off big guy. J/K, it does look like a fracture but im no doctor.

Edit: Just noticed your from wheaton too! Never seen you around before.

03WhtCobra

Established Member
That is a fracture of the proximal 5 metatarsal, sometimes referred to as a "pseudo Jones fracture". It is usually treated with a walking boot for 4-6 weeks.

Its a very common fracture and easily treated, unlike a Jones Fracture which is sometimes treated with pinning of the bone and cast.

CobraKalas

Established Member
Walk it off big guy. J/K, it does look like a fracture but im no doctor.

Edit: Just noticed your from wheaton too! Never seen you around before.

ah, I'm at almost the northern most tip of Wheaton 3 blocks from Geneva Rd, Don't go down to Naperville too often unless to drink, in which case I'm not going to drive the Cobra.

VNGNCE908

VNGNCE
Established Member
Avulsion Fracture Fifth Metatarsal
fractured the base of your 5th metatarsal this page may be helpful although it does not look like a full jones fx
i am not a doctor i am an xray tech . it will be best to consult a good orthopaedist

Yep. 5th metatarsal fracture. I'm no doc, just a 2nd year medical student...:shrug: Wish I was done already, being in school 8-5 then studying till 3 am makes you feel like this: :kaboom:

bsmith782

RANDY WATSON!
Established Member
I fractured my thumb like that last new years. Went to a urgent care where they gave me a glove/cast thing. Damn thing still hurts from time to time.

Slo3kgtVtr

Established Member
Yes, I broke my foot in the same place when I was 16. The bone was already in a "good" placement, so they put me in a cast for 60 days and then a walking cast for 30 days. It healed great and I've never had a problem since.

CobraKalas

Established Member
Have an apt tomorrow 2:15 now, tired of waiting. On a side note, I walked from my couch in family room to my kitchen island, slowly and bad form, but without crutches (Don't plan on doing it often at all) but I couldn't have dreamed of doing it yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread