Any detailers near the 757 in VA??

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
I was crusing down the road today and looked in my side mirror at what USED to be a blingin ass car, but now has scratches everywhere.. It makes me so upset.. Now that ive been hangin out in here recently it makes them stand out even worse.. I dont know the first thing about detailing other than wash wax and claybar.. And I would probably even pay someone to do a real detail on this thing, I think it deserves one at least.. Ive never even seen a porter cable other than a circular saw and the only polishes, waxes, creams, ets. I know of are OTC.. Im in need of help and I will pay if I have to so can someone offer a word of advice, point a finger, or take my money or something?? :shrug:

Scott P

Established Member
You shot me a PM, but I'm going to answer it here in case any other owners of white cars need help.

For white, you always want to clay. Contaminants show up much more clearly on white, especially brake particles which rust and form little brown spot. So, after you wash the car, be sure to clay the entire thing giving extra attention to the lower panels and the rear of the car.

Next, you want to clean the paint. Cleaning the paint with a chemical cleaner will remove oxidation and grime to get a good look at the true condition of the paint. After that, You can hit it with a nice swirl remover like Poorboy's SSR2.5. Now, you could skip the cleaning step and go right to SSR2.5 if you want. I just prefer to clean white before I polish it. After you've polished with SSR2.5 with the white polishing pad, you might be able to go to a wax. If you still have some light swirls or hazing, you could go to SSR1 and a white pad as a final polish. White does a good job of hiding that hazing, so it's not always a needed step.

Now you can apply your wax or sealant of choice. I typically don't add a glaze to white cars since I don't see a benefit to it. I'd go with Clearkote's Carnauba Moose Wax or Poorboy's World EX-P for the top coat. CMW really looks nice on white and adds the hard to attain "wetness". EX-P is a pure sealant and would add shine, gloss and sharper reflection.

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
Thanks man. I appriciate your help. Does anyone know where I can get a PC 7424 and the pads that everyones screaming about? Oh and Scott, Ill probably be phoning you in the next week or so to purchase some of these things.

Josh1

Banned
I have been looking for a detailer in this area also. I have my own equipment, just have been trying to get tips from a pro so I could do it myself and mybe start doing some cars on the side. I love detailing, just not that good at getting scratches out yet. Also Scott, what is a good chemical cleaner. THanks

01_OXFORD_SVT

10th Anni FTMFW
Established Member
Josh1 said:
I have been looking for a detailer in this area also. I have my own equipment, just have been trying to get tips from a pro so I could do it myself and mybe start doing some cars on the side. I love detailing, just not that good at getting scratches out yet. Also Scott, what is a good chemical cleaner. THanks

When you feel comfortable, you let me know, ill even supply you with the SSR and CMW and stuff for my car.. Pm me with your rates once you decide that you wanna do something on the side..

Users who are viewing this thread