Any Dealers With Decent GT500 Allocations?

conceptmachine

Established Member
my gen2 '17 raptor was 68k, minus a couple options. had it 5 months and sold it. It was my first dabble in full size pickups. Much prefer the midsize. Wish they made one with good power. May buy another Tacoma and put a super charger on it.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
my gen2 '17 raptor was 68k, minus a couple options. had it 5 months and sold it. It was my first dabble in full size pickups. Much prefer the midsize. Wish they made one with good power. May buy another Tacoma and put a super charger on it.
Jim, you didn't like the Raptor? I was behind one coming home from work today. So nice!
Does Toyota still do the TRD supercharger or would you go aftermarket?

conceptmachine

Established Member
Jim, you didn't like the Raptor? I was behind one coming home from work today. So nice!
Does Toyota still do the TRD supercharger or would you go aftermarket?
Nope, didn't like it, enough to keep it anyway. Yup, they warranty the TRD supercharger. doesnt gain but maybe 60 HP but better than nothing! I like the ride and feel of the smaller trucks. I'd wait for a ranger raptor, but they would probably drop that 4 banger in there and that's a no go for me.

1FASFKR

Established Member
Reached out to a GM/Dodge GM friend the other day. says hes sure 20-30k ADM on them, as his stuff was going for 15k over easily the 1st year.

Anyway, his former blah blah blah is now ford GM. Put me in touch with him. Hes confident hes getting 3, due to volume, past allocations, etc. Im working on a deal with him, but hes attending the superbowl right now. Once I have more specifics next week ill update

Visited a north TX dealership today to look at a Super Duty. They expect at least 2 GT500's and they will put $50k ADMs on them.

Last edited:

LostM

Established Member
ive spoken with 3 more "friendly" dealer so far this week. all of them basically said they dont have deposits yet, and uncomfortable taking one from me as they dont have details, and not sure how much demand/markup they will be adding yet.

Ill remember this when i get bored and want to buy another explorer in january, so i can waste their time. lead them on for a few days, make a deal at/under msrp, then offer 5-10k over if we can make a deal right now. Watch them try to hide their smiles/fascination. print up the paperwork, review it slowly, and then push it back. "i changed my mind. im not comfortable putting money down here, you might get another buyer willing to pay more for it tomorrow." Oh no sir, we can do this deal right now! " no, thats ok, you wouldnt make that deal with me 8 months ago on the GT500, which coincidentally would have gotten that car + this explorer sold today, so ill go to the dealership that did"

DepWraith

Established Member
I'm totally down for wasting the time of dealers that charge ADM...I'll offer a ridiculous mark up on the GT500 and maybe say I feel uncomfortable paying 50k more for a car I haven't even driven; bet I get a few test drives. ;)

Breitling

Established Member
This is getting ****ing retarded.

Indeed. That's why I've resigned myself to the likelihood of getting a '21 model year. There may be a few '20's that go for MSRP, but they'll be the exception, not the rule. Same waiting game I had to do with my '14.

LostM

Established Member
I'm totally down for wasting the time of dealers that charge ADM...I'll offer a ridiculous mark up on the GT500 and maybe say I feel uncomfortable paying 50k more for a car I haven't even driven; bet I get a few test drives. ;)
Now that i think about it, it would be even better, if i have the 500 by then, me and the mrs go and waste their time. pull up in the 500, say we want the explorer. get throughth bs and say, you know, my brother wants a gt500 now too, can you give him "x" model for " xxx/whatever i end up having paid" and see there response. ive got tons of free time, trolling dealerships would be a blast

paluka21

Established Member
Indeed. That's why I've resigned myself to the likelihood of getting a '21 model year. There may be a few '20's that go for MSRP, but they'll be the exception, not the rule. Same waiting game I had to do with my '14.

Agreed. That will be when I am looking to purchase as well. If the leftover 2020 MY's or 2021's cannot be had without an ADM through multiple avenues, I will simply jump to the dark side and purchase a leftover 2019 Z06 or a slightly used one that can be had for less than MSRP. I simply will not play the ADM game with any dealer as a car just isn't worth it to me.
I'll use the $10K that a dealer is asking for an ADM and take a Disney vacation or invest into one of my accounts.

bdub85

Established Member
I'm not paying a dime over MSRP. F that nonsense. I'll use my southwest points to fly to a dealer to pickup a car or pay for shipping or just wait if it comes down to it.

Lacquer

Established Member
The problem with this get back at the dealership startegy is it actually wastes very little of the dealerships time. It does waste a lot of a sales persons time. The guy doing the paperwork will spend 5 minutes, while the sales guy will spend hours.
Most good sales guys usually are working very hard for a living trying to get you what you want. Most car sales guys only make money if they make the sale. It does not cost the dealership money if you are taking up that salespeson's time. If a sales guy is good, they will work to get you what you want at a price you want because if he doesn't make the sale, he does not get paid. Find a good dealership with a good sales guy and work that way. Yes, I know there are some "sales" guys that might deserve to have their time wasted, but usually these sales guys are working at shortsighted dealerships looking for max profit, not long term customers. They will have 10 other sales guys hanging out like vultures. You taking that one guy away trying to teach the dealership a lesson on the one or two GT500s they get will will only help train that sales guy to be one of those bad sales guys for that dealership. He will treat the next buyer like they are dishonest in their intentions. It will not train the dealership management as much as the idea sounds fun. The best way to do what you want is to not to show up at all and go to the dealership that will work for you.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Even with the Gen I's...Raptors have brought ADMs throughout the entire model, it blows my mind lol
Lol meanwhile here you can easily get $5k off MSRP on a Raptor and a GT350 that you order or on the lot. MSRP on the GT350Rs and GT500. Sometimes living in a smaller market has it's advantages.

bdub85

Established Member
Lol meanwhile here you can easily get $5k off MSRP on a Raptor and a GT350 that you order or on the lot. MSRP on the GT350Rs and GT500. Sometimes living in a smaller market has it's advantages.

I got my 2017 Raptor at MSRP, and I live in a big market. Deals can be had. You just have to find them.

LostM

Established Member
The problem with this get back at the dealership startegy is it actually wastes very little of the dealerships time. It does waste a lot of a sales persons time. The guy doing the paperwork will spend 5 minutes, while the sales guy will spend hours.
Most good sales guys usually are working very hard for a living trying to get you what you want. Most car sales guys only make money if they make the sale. It does not cost the dealership money if you are taking up that salespeson's time. If a sales guy is good, they will work to get you what you want at a price you want because if he doesn't make the sale, he does not get paid. Find a good dealership with a good sales guy and work that way. Yes, I know there are some "sales" guys that might deserve to have their time wasted, but usually these sales guys are working at shortsighted dealerships looking for max profit, not long term customers. They will have 10 other sales guys hanging out like vultures. You taking that one guy away trying to teach the dealership a lesson on the one or two GT500s they get will will only help train that sales guy to be one of those bad sales guys for that dealership. He will treat the next buyer like they are dishonest in their intentions. It will not train the dealership management as much as the idea sounds fun. The best way to do what you want is to not to show up at all and go to the dealership that will work for you.

every salesman is the same. most profit they can, find the highest the buyer will pay, hook your friends up. there is no secret to "training" other than how to do the above

"hey, why'd that sale fall through?"
he said he just remembered you ****ed him out of a fair deal on the 500
"oh, that one over there?"
"damn"

then everyone on svt stood up and clapped

Users who are viewing this thread