Any Cable / Phone Line Installers?

venmos1

Established Member
Had a dishwasher delivered today while at work. Wife was home and it went fine. She went outside later and found one of the lines that connect to the garage hanging down about 5 feet off the ground. There are 2 lines that come from the last telephone pole to the garage from the driveway. The top line is the bigger one that connects up to the "transformer" thing on the power pole.

Bottom one is the one pulled down. I've reached out to a couple contacts and both think it's the cable / old phone line. Delivery truck was a big box truck that must have grabbed the line. But we didn't see it happen so I can't say it was def them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_20201204_182958.jpg

IMG_20201204_183006.jpg

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
Correct , bottom is probably phone .
Is it flat , or round? Cable is round , phone is more flat .

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
That looks like your current fiber connection from the street? Just looking at the hardware attaching to the mast is shiny (does not look old), and the ONT that is under your electric meter (lower gray box on the wall). The slack must have come from the street pole, as nothing looks yanked on your end. You should call your cable TV or ISP provider that manages that wire. They are responsible for the wire from the pole to the demark on the side of your wall.

venmos1

Established Member
Correct , bottom is probably phone .
Is it flat , or round? Cable is round , phone is more flat .
It's round. There is only 2 wires that go to garage from pole. Main power and this one. Previous owners were elderly. They had landline phone and we have spectrum internet.

venmos1

Established Member
That looks like your current fiber connection from the street? Just looking at the hardware attaching to the mast is shiny (does not look old), and the ONT that is under your electric meter (lower gray box on the wall). The slack must have come from the street pole, as nothing looks yanked on your end. You should call your cable TV or ISP provider that manages that wire. They are responsible for the wire from the pole to the demark on the side of your wall.
Thank you very much. Like I said, the delivery was a big box truck so it's possible they caught it with truck. But it's merely speculation. I'll call spectrum and go from there. Not good timing as we have a big nasty storm coming today. I was more concerned whether it had juice to it as I'd like to try to pull up some slack as it's 5 feet off the ground.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
What did the dishwasher have to do with it

The delivery guys tried carrying it from the store to his house I imagine. Then realized it was too big so they loaded it into a truck. The truck possibly snagged the line.

??

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
No needs new siding. We just bought this house 4 months ago. It's mid 70s so needs some updating (siding, roof, windows). Most of the inside is all updated. We couldn't pass up the location and mount washington views and land.

Hard to beat any view of Mt. Washington!

venmos1

Established Member
Hard to beat any view of Mt. Washington!
Yeah it's awesome. We abut a huge field and see tons of wildlife. Only 3 minutes from town but only 5 houses out here. Only negative is the crazy winds we get here. It felt like the roof was going to blow off last night. Somehow we didn't lose power though. Nearly 200k in the state lost power but thankfully we didnt. Generator switch will be going in soon.

venmos1

Established Member
Thank you to everyone who helped out. It was the cable line. I was able to pull it tight and zip tie it up out of the way. It held up to the 40 plus mph winds last night. Never lost power though. But cable/internet is down. Friends of ours lost power last night around 10 and still don't have it. Could be a couple days.

Users who are viewing this thread