Any Aodhan Wheel Owners? (and offset...again)

ITSTOCK

Established Member
What is the quality of the wheel? I'm not looking for top tier, I just don't want it to crack apart on the slightest bump. They won't be raced on, just rare street cruising.

I'm looking at a set of their wheels, and I can't figure out which backspacing would be better. They have 18x10.5 in 22mm but recommend 18x10.5 in 15mm. I do NOT want it to stick out PAST the fender like I see a lot of CCW's do (18x11 I'm guessing), so I'm looking for pictures of cobras with IRS still that have 18x10.5 with 15mm offset. The fronts are 18x9.5 with a 22mm offset which seems correct.

Thanks

dumbstixlars

Established Member
My DSG had Aodhans on it when I got it. 18x9.5 +15mm on the front and 18x10.5 +22mm on the rear. PO also stuck 5mm spacers on the rear because the 315/35/18's he put on it rubbed the inner wells. After the spacers they rubbed on the quarters (not rolled, but they would have rubbed even if they were rolled). The fronts were 245/40/18's or something like that, they were stretched and didn't look right (he did that cause the offset probably made them rub on the front).

You can get them to fit, but you are likely going to end up with some oddball sized tires. I gave up sold them and put boring Bullitts on mine so I could run some decent tires that wouldn't rub on the car.

ETA: I think a 18x9.5 +22mm square setup should fit with no issues with 275/35/18's (could possibly run 285/35/18's rears if you want a staggered look).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread