any 2nd run owners with problems?

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
The reason I ask is that I am going to place an order in december.
I was just curious if I will need to be vigilant about problems with the car when the time comes:chicken: :smmon:

P.S. Just thought I would give the monkey and chicken icons some love since people here hardly use them.

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
LOL!

Yeah I used to own an old nova, so I have an idea of what horse power is. The civic is for a to b purposes.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Leadhead
The reason I ask is that I am going to place an order in december.
I was just curious if I will need to be vigilant about problems with the car when the time comes:chicken: :smmon:

P.S. Just thought I would give the monkey and chicken icons some love since people here hardly use them.
I have a late first run car (produced 7/30), with the second run fixes (no vibe, no pull, hoses fine, no stalling, new program, etc.). I am completely satisfied :-D

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
Good deal!

So Ford is really starting to get on top of this stuff!
Excellent... This is a really special car.:beer:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Re: Re: any 2nd run owners with problems?

Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
I have a late first run car (produced 7/30), with the second run fixes (no vibe, no pull, hoses fine, no stalling, new program, etc.). I am completely satisfied :-D

Blue03,

How did they solve the stalling? I've read lots of posts on it, but none with the fix :shrug:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: any 2nd run owners with problems?

Originally posted by NetworkingGuru

Blue03,

How did they solve the stalling? I've read lots of posts on it, but none with the fix :shrug:
I have YDH0 on my passenger door. It is my understanding that this "new" or second run program fixed the stalling. Also, I have almost 1,500 miles, and it has only stalled once, and that was a first gear clutch-fault on my part...:-D

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Super great cars

I have a second run YDH0. It has the driveline clunk, right rear taillight leaks, passengers side door squeaks against the seat, and there is a squeak at the rear of the car in the interior that I cannot locate but it happens only on cold mornings. The windows squeal on wet days.

All of that was nit picking. Except for the driveline clunk, all of it is stuff I can fix or live with. Interior squeaks will be inaudible after I get the new exhaust in, the taillight is being replaced under warranty, and I lubricate the window channels with spark plug boot lube about once a month.

It's amazing how when I travel over bumps that would be bone-jarring in my old 95 Cobra with F springs (560's on the front), I don't feel so much in the Cobra even though it has 600's...and no rattles. It's solid. It also rides (IMHO) like a Cadillac...[gulp] :dw:

No pull issues, no radiator hose issues, no bad metallic rattles I can't diagnose. They're fun cars, you'll enjoy yours when you get it. :beer:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Just got my 2nd run today. So far, no vibe, no pull, and no stalling. I only have about 15 miles right now and the car feels VERY strong. So as of right now the car is perfect. I will post if anything goes wrong.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I can't get this grin off of my face, and every one thinks I'm up to something. That's been my only problem so far! LOL

Tim

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
My car was built late 8/2 (according to the door sticker), 8/19 according to the dealer, delivered 8/29. Aside from the control panel near the console on the driver's seat falling out (no screws), and the right front anti-theft nut being loose, my car is nearly perfect. Expect to break in the clutch and transmission for about 1,000 miles, but they WILL smooth up. No pull, no vibration, runs better every day. By the way, I can't find ANY codes designating the run. Where is it?

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: any 2nd run owners with problems?

Originally posted by Blue03Cobra
I have YDH0 on my passenger door. It is my understanding that this "new" or second run program fixed the stalling. Also, I have almost 1,500 miles, and it has only stalled once, and that was a first gear clutch-fault on my part...:-D

Help me understand the stalling problem. Is this the stalling, or bogging down due to the traction control you're talking about here? The traction control on my '01 Cobra worked fine, but I never use it on my '03 because it nose dives under hard accelleration when coming out of a corner. If the new computer fixes this, would we be able to have this problem fixed?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread