Anti Theft Lug nuts?

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I was taking the wheels of my Cobra to check the brake pads, when I was putting the wheels back on, I broke the little key that is used to remove the anti theft lug nuts. Anyone know where I can get a replacement? Are they the same as the 91 - 93 GT wheels? I had an 85 GT with anti theft lugs, but the key was a little different. I am sure that I can find a way to get the lugs off at my dads shop, but if I could get a replacement, that would be ideal. Thanks for any info :beer:

buddha93

Established Member
Those keys/lugs are made by McGard. There should have been a envelope with an ID number for key/lug set. Without that ID number, your probably S.O.L. Talk to Ford and see what they say. Otherwise, here is a number I have for McGard.....not sure if it's still good or not.

1-800-444-5847
1-716-662-9617

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I still have the envelope. Thanks for the number! I knew I could count on you guys :D

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
Your ford dealer can get those keys also , and if the number is missing they have a lock removal and identity kit .

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Just ordered the new key. The number for McGard is still valid. The prices on the card are not. It said that a replacement key is $7.50 but on the phone just now they said it was $10 for a new key. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread