Anti-boycott Starbucks on Feb. 14th

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine's Day 2012 - PR Newswire - sacbee.com

CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 -- /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A nationwide boycott of Starbucks stores and its products will be launched on Valentine's Day 2012. Its goal is to eliminate the risk of guns in public places and ultimately to bring sane gun laws to the U.S.

This boycott is being called by the National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC), a network of 14 million gun victims, the faith community including the: Episcopal Peace Fellowship, United Church of Christ, Fellowship of Reconciliation (46 peace fellowships and 43 affiliate fellowships), secular groups working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws.WHY STARBUCKS? Currently, Starbucks allows guns and assault weapons to be openly carried in its stores (in 43 states) and concealed and carried in its stores (in 49 states) (See Photos). Starbucks' compliance with the National Rifle Association's Pro-Gun Agenda was exposed in 2010 when members of the "open carry" movement began meeting in popular chains, such as California Pizza Kitchen, Peets, IKEA, Disney and Starbucks openly carrying their handguns and assault rifles.

To protect their customers and employees, all of the retail chains—except for Starbucks— banned guns from being carried in their stores.

"Starbucks allowing guns to be carried in thousands of their stores significantly increases everyone's risk of being a victim of gun violence," says Elliot Fineman, CEO of the NGAC. "Open and conceal and carry are among the reasons there are 12,000 gun homicides each year in the U.S. If we had England's gun laws we would expect 375 gun homicides each year—97% less than we have. England's gun laws are based on protecting public safety, ours on maximizing sales for the gun industry."

Starbucks has the legal right to ban guns but despite having been petitioned by thousands, asked at a shareholder meeting, and a direct appeal made to their Board, Starbucks clings to this policy that puts millions of Americans at risk every day and encourages the spread of guns being carried in public.

IMPACT OF STARBUCKS BOYCOTT: Fineman says, "Starbucks steadfast support of the NRA's lethal pro-gun agenda damages its 'socially conscious company' brand. Further," adds Fineman, "Monte Carlo Simulation risk analysis indicates that 90% of the time, our boycott will reduce Starbucks stock price by an amount no rational company would allow."

According to NGAC, the boycott will end when Starbucks rejects the NRA's Pro-Gun agenda by banning all guns from their stores and committing to be an Aggressive Corporate Advocate for sane gun laws.

I've removed a few links from the story (because I didn't want to hotlink them on here). It's mostly anti-gun bullshit propaganda, so if you want a laugh, you can find them in the original article via the link on top.

I'll be going to Starbucks and buying a coffee from them for me and my wife, and perhaps some coffee for back home. I hope many of you do the same. We shouldn't allow mislead groups the chance to affect the ability of a person to defend them self in public.

I sent Starbucks a message letting them know of my plan to do this. I let them know I posted this thread. Maybe somebody will show up and say something, but I seriously doubt it.

Either way, post if you plan on getting some coffee on Valentine's Day.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine's Day 2012 - PR Newswire - sacbee.com

I've removed a few links from the story (because I didn't want to hotlink them on here). It's mostly anti-gun bullshit propaganda, so if you want a laugh, you can find them in the original article via the link on top.

I'll be going to Starbucks and buying a coffee from them for me and my wife, and perhaps some coffee for back home. I hope many of you do the same. We shouldn't allow mislead groups the chance to affect the ability of a person to defend them self in public.

I sent Starbucks a message letting them know of my plan to do this. I let them know I posted this thread. Maybe somebody will show up and say something, but I seriously doubt it.

Either way, post if you plan on getting some coffee on Valentine's Day.

I was going to make fun of you and say we dont have one, but I just remembered they opened one at safeway. Anyhow, city brew is waaay better.

On topic, STARBUCKS and gun advocacy seems like an Oxymoron to me lol

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I was going to make fun of you and say we dont have one, but I just remembered they opened one at safeway. Anyhow, city brew is waaay better.

On topic, STARBUCKS and gun advocacy seems like an Oxymoron to me lol

I'm not a coffee snob, Matt, so I'm just fine with what I buy from Albertsons. But we can't let these morons stop us from doing stuff because of how biased and brain washed they are. These people think it's not sane that you and I don't have to be licensed to buy a gun, or that our guns aren't registered.

Sorry, I will be attending the anti-idontgiveashitboycott that day.

So you give a shit?

ItsReal93

Established Member
I hate Starbucks coffee...but will probably buy some and give it to someone I know who likes it because that's bs

oldmodman

Established Member
I don't drink coffee, unless you count Kahlua. Well maybe I do drink coffee, as long as it has booze in it.

But I'll go into one to buy a muffin.

And I'll bring an armed bear with me. If Mary is finished with them from her joke of the day.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I like coffee and guns and cars. I like to drive my guns around while drinking coffee in my car. I like to drive my car to starbucks with my guns and get some coffee.

Last

Established Member
I'll buy a few gallons for my pizza stores. Hell every time it gets really cold I buy everyone hot chocolate from there. People thinking that taking guns away from citizens will make everything safer is terrifying

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
I've had Starbucks one time. It was some weird mixed thing that had a lot of names. It was good, though I couldn't remember what it was called to save my life.

When I take the wife out I will stop by and get something, armed.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I'll be sure to stop by. Hell, I might skip the drive through and go in and tell them I'm there because they support the 2nd Amendment. White Chocolate Mocha FTW!

mysterio

Established Member
One of the local Starbux sponors a cars & coffee meet once a month, so I'll definitely stop in there and support them.

The funny thing about this article.....I can't recall hearing about too many gun related incidents at any Starbucks. I guess the yuppies would rather sit there and be noticed with their Macs and double lattes then get all belligerent with each other.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
"Starbucks allowing guns to be carried in thousands of their stores significantly increases everyone's risk of being a victim of gun violence," says Elliot Fineman, CEO of the NGAC. "Open and conceal and carry are among the reasons there are 12,000 gun homicides each year in the U.S. If we had England's gun laws we would expect 375 gun homicides each year—97% less than we have. England's gun laws are based on protecting public safety, ours on maximizing sales for the gun industry

:lol: How exactly did they figure this out? I don't even know where to begin.

Not to mention, I didn't think any gun owners would go to Starbucks in the first place. :shrug:

Personally I'm not a fan of their coffee, but I'll be happy to drink an overpriced cup of theirs that day to support a little old thing called the bill of rights.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
I will go too just because they are fighting the librools.. I just don't understand where all these dumbasses come from

Users who are viewing this thread