Another whats it worth thread....

99TexasZ

Established Member
2001 Cobra, 5-speed manual car. 21k miles on it, everything works and is in pretty good shape but the car does show its age. Has the dreaded cobra head tick going on, and don't really want to invest too much in the car to fix it.
Only mod is a MGW shifter. Have brand new bilsteins and lowering springs, and an entire Steeda adjustable clutch cable setup to go with it. What should I ask for it on FB marketplace?

99TexasZ

Established Member
I’ll take good ones later but the car is clean

Attachments

• 5763B493-4A75-492A-9653-EC46C11EA394.jpeg
    5763B493-4A75-492A-9653-EC46C11EA394.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 184

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
These cars are not bringing the money of the 03-04 cars .
I see them for 7-10k on the west coast ,where there is no rust .

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I used a damaged 01 for my modfox swap, that had considerably more miles than that .
Most likely not the head tick the 03-04 are k own for , most likely timing chain guide related

scottydsntknow

Established Member
The 99-02 heads get hot AF by 7 and 8 too, they just don't have a blower making it even worse like the Terminators. I'd start at $10k and go from there. Might get lucky and it be a timing chain but any ticking 4V the buyer is going to assume its the "head tick".

RX1Cobra

Established Member
The 99-02 heads get hot AF by 7 and 8 too, they just don't have a blower making it even worse like the Terminators. I'd start at $10k and go from there. Might get lucky and it be a timing chain but any ticking 4V the buyer is going to assume its the "head tick".

I thought that was more on the 03 and early 04? If I remember right the Machs suffered from it too.

OP I'm the original owner of an 01, in pretty good shape with 60K miles on it. Mine has an Eaton and I'd be pretty happy to get 10 for it if I ever decided to sell it.

You can start at 10 but I think that's a little too strong even with low miles. But you never know until you try.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
I got $12k for a zinc yellow 01 with 36k miles on it. i considered that fair with the mileage and less than desirable yellow.

I see people asking more for other 01s with low mileage and think they’ll be sitting on them for a while until the right buyer comes along.

99TexasZ

Established Member
I thought that was more on the 03 and early 04? If I remember right the Machs suffered from it too.

OP I'm the original owner of an 01, in pretty good shape with 60K miles on it. Mine has an Eaton and I'd be pretty happy to get 10 for it if I ever decided to sell it.

You can start at 10 but I think that's a little too strong even with low miles. But you never know until you try.
Yeah i posted it for $12k, just waiting for someone to lowball me with 10.

99TexasZ

Established Member
I got $12k for a zinc yellow 01 with 36k miles on it. i considered that fair with the mileage and less than desirable yellow.

I see people asking more for other 01s with low mileage and think they’ll be sitting on them for a while until the right buyer comes along.
The head tick is gonna make it tough, just the mention of it has already ran off a buyer even with video showing it is very slight.

Users who are viewing this thread