Another tuner ?

CobraG

Established Member
I was pretty much sold on Lund, but now I'm wondering about PBD. I can get an nGauage through either which I like.
I know, I know, you can't go wrong with either really. Just wondering if there are any slight edges to either. When I'm going to spend $600+ for a hand held and a tune I want to make sure I'm getting a great deal.
Thanks

CobraG

Established Member
I haven't looked at a Diablo Sport. On my previous car, 01 Cobra I had a XCAL 3 but gave it up with the car when I traded it.
I always liked SCT, but really like the functions and ease of use with the nGauage.
Is there a particular reason you mention the Diablo Sport tuner?

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not mentioning this because it's a bad thing but it is worth noting. If Lund tunes your car you are locked in with him. Meaning no one else will be able to help you with it should you choose to switch tuners. He offers great support but it is something to be aware of.

96gt02

Established Member
Out of the two Id go with PBD as well, another option is AED

CobraG

Established Member
D'oh, I was leaning heavy towards Lund, but now I'm looking more at PBD. I went to the PBD site, I didn't see an nGauge so I'm not 100% sure they use the nGauge. We'll see, I emailed them, waiting to see how long it takes them to get back to me and what they say.
I've emailed Lund, they were very fast at getting back to me.

CobraG

Established Member
Looks like it'll be Lund. I want the nGauge, seems like he's the only one who uses it. AED doesn't, PBD doesn't.

blownstang4.6

Established Member
I'm pretty sure PBD tunes with SCT and HP Tuners.
Screenshot-20181113-120715.jpg

LethalBlake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Looks like it'll be Lund. I want the nGauge, seems like he's the only one who uses it. AED doesn't, PBD doesn't.

PBD does tune the nGauge. If you decide to go that route or even Lund we got you covered.

Palm Beach Dyno Custom Tune (Naturally Aspirated and Nitrous)

Palm Beach Dyno Custom Tune (Forced Induction)

Lund Racing Custom Tune

We got some sales coming up for both options:

11.19 - 11.26
Palm Beach Dyno
$75 OFF
N/A tunes
$100 OFF FI tunes
$150 OFF nGauge+tune combo
No code needed
PLUS get a FREE Lethal/PBD Tunemaker shirt with any PBD tune+device order (including power packages!)

11.23 ONLY
Lund Racing
$50 OFF
nGauge device
No code needed
PLUS get a FREE Lund/Lethal “Get Baked” shirt with any tune+device purchase (including power packages!)

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any further questions.

CobraG

Established Member
Below is what was emailed to me from PBD.

Michael Cochrane (Palm Beach Dyno)
Nov 13, 11:21 AM EST
We use SCT for 11-17. Here is a link to order an NA tune and device as well as datalogging instructions.

LethalBlake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Below is what was emailed to me from PBD.

Michael Cochrane (Palm Beach Dyno)
Nov 13, 11:21 AM EST
We use SCT for 11-17. Here is a link to order an NA tune and device as well as datalogging instructions.

Okay, i just received some information in regards to this nGauge/PBD combo: they do not tune the 11-14 with nGauge, they prefer to use SCT for 15-17, 18+ are good to tune with the nGauge. Sorry for any confusion. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Stang Lover

Established Member
I went from Lund to PBD and Rob Shoemaker has my car running right. I'm using the HP Tuners Nguage as well and will be sticking to PBD from here on out. You have to get the HP Tuners version of the Nguage or the HPT MPVI 2 if you want PBD to tune it.

CobraG

Established Member
I thought about going PBD, but they told me they don't use the nGagauge. I emailed and asked them directly.

Users who are viewing this thread