Another travel thread, Spain, Portugal

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is going to be one very expensive church!!

That's interesting about them washing down the alleyways and walkways twice a day. Glad you're having a great time!

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
So far it's been great Bob. I'd recommend Barcelona to anyone wanting to travel in Europe.

Now waiting to get on the cruise ship. More like a boat. This particular one has a capacity of 312 passengers. Since this is a shakedown cruise, there will be about 225 passengers, mostly employees of Windstar.
I just had my brain stabbed and waiting for results. That was really enjoyable.

**** Biden

Kevins89notch

Established Member
That is going to be one very expensive church!!

If I recall correctly, the blueprints were once destroyed in a fire, and Gaudi had to redo things. Even then, the church was mostly(maybe all) built via donations. They use to say it would be 100 more years to finish it, but with improvements in rock cutting ability, they were saying 2030s when I visited. Google says they since lowered that to 2026 to honor 100 years after Gaudi passed, but the pandemic has slowed that down. None the less, seems it should be done within another 5-10 years.

nxhappy

Established Member
Awesome bro. So beautiful. I have to look at some old pics I have. Really the most beautiful churches in the world.

nitrojunk

Established Member
have fun .. My mom and dad are Portuguese .. I was born in the USA .. but speak Portuguese and have been to Portugal more times than I can count. My parents had a house there since I was small .. we vacationed there ever year. Lisbon is awesome .. Love the food .. Expresso after every meal .. :)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think this is your cruise ship. Windstar Star Pride. 312 passengers. Looks like the service is really extraordinary.

All Suite Ship​

Starting 07/06/2021, this all-suite ship will complete renovation as part of the $250 Million Star Plus Initiative to provide more of what our guests love. New public areas, including two new dining venues, a new spa, infinity pool, and fitness area. The ship also boasts all new bathrooms in every suite and a new category of Star suites, featuring a new layout. With ocean-views and over 277 square feet of comfort, Star Pride is the perfect ship to watch glaciers and fjords drift by from the serenity of your suite. Carrying only 312 guests, Star Pride still tucks into smaller ports or narrow waterways like the Corinth and Keil Canal. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard for your next 180 degree from ordinary adventure!

SVTP folks, want to join @wizbangdoodle on his cruise? LOL! Here's a short promo video that shows the re-conditioning of a sister ship, the Star Breeze. And a photo of the Star Pride. I'm ready to swish my lovely wife off to a similar cruise. ;)

1632245369980.png

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Close Bob, actually we're on the sister ship, Windstar Legend. Pretty much the same ship.
Quick bit of trivia, Windstar Legend was the boat used in the movie Speed 2 with Sandra Bullock.

Normally this ship carries 312 passengers and has a crew of 200. Pretty good ratio I'd say.

Weather has been fantastic. I'd compare it to Southern California. When touring these cities, I've noticed that even though traffic is heavy, no one is honking their horn. People just pull in front of others and it's no big deal.

More pictures coming soon.

**** Biden

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah, the Legend. I saw it on the website. That view as you pulled into port reminds me of the the cruise my wife and I took to Bermuda. Very similar view with the sky and ocean.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Here is the end of the world. The tip of Portugal where the west coast meets the south coast. Very scenic, but it cost .70 euro to take a piss.
20210923_124808.jpeg

**** Biden

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And the "price" makes it all the more special. Enjoy the rest of the cruise.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
“…but it cost .70 euro to take a piss.”

that was always super annoying to me, especially since I have a gerbil bladder when I drink beer, which back then (circa 2001) was…a lot.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Close Bob, actually we're on the sister ship, Windstar Legend. Pretty much the same ship.
Quick bit of trivia, Windstar Legend was the boat used in the movie Speed 2 with Sandra Bullock.

Normally this ship carries 312 passengers and has a crew of 200. Pretty good ratio I'd say.

Weather has been fantastic. I'd compare it to Southern California. When touring these cities, I've noticed that even though traffic is heavy, no one is honking their horn. People just pull in front of others and it's no big deal.

More pictures coming soon.

**** Biden
The horn honking seems like a Cali thing. Years back my wife and I went to SF and it took me a while to realize that every one apparently has their horn attached to their brake light switch.

Of the major cities I've driven in, the horn usage was definitely highest there.

But I've never driven or been to the north east, so maybe the usage is normal for the extra looney places.
Here is the end of the world. The tip of Portugal where the west coast meets the south coast. Very scenic, but it cost .70 euro to take a piss.
View attachment 1721212

**** Biden

I learned in Germany just to find a tree after I spent like 5 euro pissing in various places lol.

Users who are viewing this thread