another tire and wheel thread, what else

haleyes

Established Member
After reading all the threads about tires and wheels, I'm still confused about what might be the optimum tire size for the genuine, Y2K, 18 X 9.5 wheels. I would like to know what brands and sizes you are running with this wheel. I'm giving serious consideration to buying this wheel and so far Gene Evens Ford has the best price. If anyone has had a good deal on this wheels I'd like that info as well. Pics would be great too. Thanks :burnout:

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by haleyes
After reading all the threads about tires and wheels, I'm still confused about what might be the optimum tire size for the genuine, Y2K, 18 X 9.5 wheels. I would like to know what brands and sizes you are running with this wheel. I'm giving serious consideration to buying this wheel and so far Gene Evens Ford has the best price. If anyone has had a good deal on this wheels I'd like that info as well. Pics would be great too. Thanks :burnout:

Im running Kumhos 295/35/18s in the Rear and 275/35/18s up front. They handle great when its dry, and OKAY when its wet (I dont drive with the Traction controll OFF when its wet anymore, got in a 180 one time scared the crap out of me.. and I was feathering the throttle, not acting stupid, around a corner at a light---luckly I ended up in the middle of the road, and didn't hit anything/anyone). The tires were new, maybe that was the problem.

I'm thinking about switching to Nitto 555 IIs but haven't decided yet... I'll decide this summer when I wear my Kuhmos out.

I heard the Nitto 555s 305 or 315s will fit just fine (other brands wont) anyone know if they (NItto 555 IIs) will fit fine on a Y2K 18" wheel?

Good luck Haleyes, sorry I dont have any pics.. I'll try and take some in a few weeks when the weather gets better.

Last edited:

haleyes

Established Member
Thanks for the responce guys. I talked to someone else who was running Yokohamas in the same sizes as iSEPIC and loved them. My car is a daily driver and I definitely need good traction when wet. I heard the Kumhos, Michelin, and BFGs are not that good on wet road. But the Goodyear and Yokohamas are. I haven't had any input on the Nittos.

Users who are viewing this thread