Another Spiraled Winter Build...

ctgreddy

Established Member
Been a while since I've been on here, figured I'd check in and throw up an update. End of the season I ventured down to Mod Nationals with a few friends. If you havent been to one of those races yet I highly suggest going, most fun I've ever had at a track and got to meet so many awesome people I've only known as screen names. It did not disappoint! My car didn't disappoint either, all summer I've been stuck in the 9.8-9.9 zone, did that every pass regardless of what I changed/tried. First pass in Georgia it went 9.70 on the test and tune day. Drove the car to the hotel and back to the track and second day hit another new best, 9.54@138 banging off the limiter after the 1000'. I then did the true street event, did the 30 mile cruise and ran 3 back to back to back passes without popping the hood. Some may say the 3.4 makes a lot of heat, but my passes showed otherwise. First pass went 9.68@141, second went 9.68@141, third pass went 9.77@140. All three passes within 30 minutes and no ice or anything to cool it down.

Anyways! the day I got back I started tear down. I didn't tell very many people but I already had purchased 03svtjmc's single turbo kit, and had a bunch of plans. Sold every part of my blower kit locally to a friend which made everything super easy. Finally got the engine bay to appear how it's going to look and figured I'd share it with everyone. Posted on my instagram a few days ago and just now got around to posting it here. Let me know what you think and any questions feel free to ask. I'll be updating this once I make more progress, hoping to have it running next weekend.

Here's the majority of the build:
Stock shortblock, heads, cams(all stock minus headstuds/opg and has over 100k miles)
Scott Rod panels all paint/bodywork done by 03svtjmc
CG fab hot side
Custom cold side/downpipe
Bullseye 80/87 batmowheel turbo
Tial wastegates/bov
Modified stock radiator
AEM Infinity ecu/digital dash with custom wiring harness
Had my 8.8 straightened/braced(was bent pretty bad)
Will be reusing my 4r70w and hoping it holds together

Realistic goals for 2019 is to go 9.20's. Anything faster I'd be more than pumped.

pro11.jpg
pro10.jpg
pro9.jpg
pro8.jpg
pro12.jpg
pro7.jpg
pro6.jpg
pro5.jpg
pro3.jpg
pro4.jpg

UnrealSVT

Established Member
This is such an awesome build! Pleasure meeting you at Mod Nationals, man! I'm sure you will attain your 9.20s goal this year! You got this!

Oh, and thanks for the ride in that beast!!!!! Lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ctgreddy

Established Member
This is such an awesome build! Pleasure meeting you at Mod Nationals, man! I'm sure you will attain your 9.20s goal this year! You got this!

Oh, and thanks for the ride in that beast!!!!! Lol

Hopefully the ride made you sleep easier with your decision to go 3.4 lmao. Pleasure meeting you as well man! always nice putting a face with a name.

ctgreddy

Established Member
So sexy!! I'm hopefully going to be at MOD Nationals in 2019.. Can't wait to see this thing in person.

You will not be disappointed if you attend! Only thing that upset me is that I didn't go to any of the previous year events haha.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Hopefully the ride made you sleep easier with your decision to go 3.4 lmao. Pleasure meeting you as well man! always nice putting a face with a name.
Without a doubt! Solidified my decision.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice turbo plan! I think I saw your car at Mod Nats.
Who does your tuning?
Agreed it’s a great race and there will be at least one more year at SGMP, so everyone who wants killer DA and killer grip better put it in the calendar.
Have you ever considered swapping to a 6R while it’s apart?
-J

ctgreddy

Established Member
Nice turbo plan! I think I saw your car at Mod Nats.
Who does your tuning?
Agreed it’s a great race and there will be at least one more year at SGMP, so everyone who wants killer DA and killer grip better put it in the calendar.
Have you ever considered swapping to a 6R while it’s apart?
-J

I do all my tuning myself. I don’t like depending on other people to help/work on my car so most things I’ll take the time to figure it out on my own. A 6r would be awesome but too much costs for me. And no manual valve body kinda turns me off. If the 4r70 doesn’t hold up I’ll probably just throw a th400 in and put a 3.31 gear out back so it’s still driveable.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Steps away for a bit, and returns with a freaking....
suckerpunch300x300.png

Kudos to such a great build. Your personal investing of time and wherewithall to learn to do everything yourself is going to pay huge dividends this year my friend. I'm looking forward to hearing about your glee when you bust that 9.20s goal. ;)

Nadra

Bisquits and mustard
Established Member
On your previous blower setup, what boost and upper/lower pulley setup were you running? Was that the factory longblock you mentioned before or after head studs?

ctgreddy

Established Member
On your previous blower setup, what boost and upper/lower pulley setup were you running? Was that the factory longblock you mentioned before or after head studs?

boost was 22/23 pounds. factory lower pulley with 3.5 upper. had headstuds since last winter.

Nadra

Bisquits and mustard
Established Member
boost was 22/23 pounds. factory lower pulley with 3.5 upper. had headstuds since last winter.
Sorry to hijack your turbo build thread, but one more question on your 3.4 setup...you mentioned that your downstream air temps weren't as high as some might expect. What were they to be exact both cruising your car around in traffic and also staging before a pass and then right after? Thanks and again, sorry to hijack.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread