Another reason NOT to use Schropp in Germany

einehund

Established Member
For those of you who don't know, I had an '02 Mustang GT (prior to the Shelby) that I was having some issues with 5th gear. I took it to Schropp here in Stuttgart because they "specialize" in American cars. They scoped the tranny and found that the 5th gear bearing was burnt up. I asked them to fix it, and they told me that I should order the parts because it would take them a long time to get them due to customs, but with the MPS bypassing German customs, it wouldn't take nearly as long. I bought a new OEM bearing and seal kit, sealed with Tremec tape and took it to Schropp. They told me it would take 3 days. 6 days later I got the car. I drove the car normal for two weeks, not speeding, varying speeds and everything else (kinda like the break in for a clutch) to make sure everything was good to go. At the end of two weeks I was cruising on the Autobahn at about 120 mph and BAM! Sounded like a gunshot went off and the transmission made a sound like industrial bees buzzing in a metal hive. Pushed in clutch, couldn't shift out of 5th. Called Schropp and told them what happened. They said they wouldn't warrenty ANYTHING cause I had bought the parts and so they couldn't say if my parts had failed or their labor. I did get them to agree to a greatly reduced price on a transmission install. So then I ordered a complete tranny from the states on my own dime and had them install it. Pretty pissed off.
Fast forward to this week. My 10% lower pulley comes in (with updated tune from Lethal Performance) and I go to put it on at the on base self help store. Couldn't get it on (my fault for not getting a checklist of what to do, thought it would be as easy as putting on the underdrive crank pulley on the old mustang... IT ISN'T!!) and so I decided that maybe Schropp has improved in the 2 1/2 years since the last time I used them. I called them up and said that I need a crank pulley put on. Guy says no problem. Asked what car. I said 2010 GT500. He said who do you have a tune through? I replied, doesn't matter, I need a crank pulley put on. He said, well, what other mods are on the car. I said a throttle body and that's it, but that I don't want a tune, I want a crank pulley put on. He then said, Nope, will not do it because you have a tune from someone else. :fm::fm::fm: This is why I hate Schropp. Do not use them if you are in Germany.

Users who are viewing this thread