Another question: Stock Exhaust w/ Pulley Upgrade

NoSlowGT

Make me a sandwhich bitch
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been contemplating doing the basic pulley swap on my '11 cause the stock one is waaaay to quite compared to my pullied Terminator, but my question is, is it safe to keep the stock exhaust? I really like the way the stock exhaust sounds, so I really wanna keep it if it won't really matter too much. I'm not worried about losing horsepower by not having aftermarket exhaust, I just don't wanna hurt the motor or anything :banana:

heatsoaked12

Established Member
I'm sure you would be fine as all the basic bolt on packages never mention "exhaust upgrade needed" of coarse Van or Bj would best answer you questions.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Under 14-15 psi I wouldn't be to worried about it. The sound will get even better with an o/r pipe so might as well get the best of both worlds.

Van@RevanRacing

I have been contemplating doing the basic pulley swap on my '11 cause the stock one is waaaay to quite compared to my pullied Terminator, but my question is, is it safe to keep the stock exhaust? I really like the way the stock exhaust sounds, so I really wanna keep it if it won't really matter too much. I'm not worried about losing horsepower by not having aftermarket exhaust, I just don't wanna hurt the motor or anything :banana:

You'll be fine with a pulley upgrade and a tune. We leave Catalytic Converter Protection strategies on in the tune so they stay protected.

Another plus to staying in the power band is my dual fan heat exchanger.

Van

Users who are viewing this thread