Another question for vert owners...

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
The 2003 I received two weeks ago was missing the top boot cover. There are only two snaps on top, one on each side. When I look at the aftermarket boots they have multiple snaps you must install which I really don't want to mess with. Can someone show some pics of how their original boot mounts? And if you know where I can buy one I'm willing to pay a reasonable price. My car's interior is charcoal. Thanks!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
there are only two snaps. imo the 99-04 design with snaps isn't as good as the 94-98 design without snaps. but i dont think the earlier design works on our cars. i'd stay away from aftermarket

03' White Snake

Established Member
They are very rare, good luck finding one.

Anyway, the rear tucks under the black trim piece near the trunk lid, and on the back of the rear seat, there is a little channel that the boot slips into, then the 2 snaps on top of the rear quarters. That is how it is held in place. I have one, but not willing to let it go. I will see if I can dig it out and grab pic's of it installed. Might even have the OEM directions with it if I remember correctly.

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/2003MustangOwnersManual.pdf Page 48 has the directions.

Last edited:

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
I have only seen these two designs. I have the one on the blue car. Although I have the snaps on the car the boot has none. There is a plastic slat on the boot that tucks under the rear trim. On the front is a plastic/rubber bead that pushes down into a channel along the back seat. The sides have hidden clips that go under the trim.

I don't know how the other attaches.

top boot 2.jpg
top boot.jpg
top boot 2.jpg top boot.jpg

03' White Snake

Established Member
I have only seen these two designs. I have the one on the blue car. Although I have the snaps on the car the boot has none. There is a plastic slat on the boot that tucks under the rear trim. On the front is a plastic/rubber bead that pushes down into a channel along the back seat. The sides have hidden clips that go under the trim.

View attachment 1716022 View attachment 1716023 View attachment 1716022 View attachment 1716023

your second one is OEM.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i think his first pic on the blue car is oem too, but it's the type that came on the 94-98 cars (imo it's a better design and also looks nicer).

good to know that those fit a 99-04.

Last edited:

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member

View attachment 1716022 View attachment 1716023 View attachment 1716022 View attachment 1716023
Thank you! I actually found a brand new oem boot on Ebay last week. They said it will be the last one they will have as they have sold all others and haven't been able to get a new one in a long time. It cost me $500 but I'm glad to have an original!

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
Thank you! I actually found a brand new oem boot on Ebay last week. They said it will be the last one they will have as they have sold all others and haven't been able to get a new one in a long time. It cost me $500 but I'm glad to have an original!
Which one did you buy?

Users who are viewing this thread