Another question for the unleashed beast

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Beast I have had the amsoil sig series 0w30 in my 12 gt for just about a year and 10,000 miles now. The oil has seen freezing 20 degree days all the way up to Humid 100 degree days. I'm not one of those guys who drives like an old lady either my car sees plenty of wot blasts and I recently went to the drag strip for the first time and ran about a dozen passes my best time was a 12.85 @ 114 with a bama 93 race tune. My 60ft was weak and the car has a lot left in it. Any way I'm getting ready to change the oil next week and I do not plan on driving the car through another michigan winter it will be stored in my garage, so my question for you is should I stick with the sig series 0w30 or go with the 5w or maybe even 10w now that the car is not going to be running in freezing temps anymore. The summer's here get pretty hot and humid and like I said I'm not easy on her. Oh yeah and I will definitely be sending in the old oil for analysis to black stone. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Thanks man sorry I posted this twice, my car has 13,000 miles on it. Thanks for the advice. If your good with the 0w30 then so am I.
:beer:

Lemmy

Established Member
Interested in Some Data?

Let's see that UOA!!

2010 Shelby GT500 had factory fill and one change up to mileage 13,500. Couldn't find 5W-50 and was going on a long trip. Got some Amsoil 5W-30 the 10,000 mile interval stuff. I'm at 9,500 miles on this fill so I'm going to be changing it fairy soon. I have no UOA on the Motorcraft 5W-50 prior to switching at 13,500 to the Amsoil. But all drain intervals are acceptable and it might be interesting to see how the engine is maturing having had this product in it almost half its life. Might not be Amsoil's best 5W-30, but it is still Amsoil. By strictly visual look and rubbing with fingers feel, the Amsoil seems to be a bit more beat up. Or maybe the Motorcraft just wasn't doing anything?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
2010 Shelby GT500 had factory fill and one change up to mileage 13,500. Couldn't find 5W-50 and was going on a long trip. Got some Amsoil 5W-30 the 10,000 mile interval stuff. I'm at 9,500 miles on this fill so I'm going to be changing it fairy soon. I have no UOA on the Motorcraft 5W-50 prior to switching at 13,500 to the Amsoil. But all drain intervals are acceptable and it might be interesting to see how the engine is maturing having had this product in it almost half its life. Might not be Amsoil's best 5W-30, but it is still Amsoil. By strictly visual look and rubbing with fingers feel, the Amsoil seems to be a bit more beat up. Or maybe the Motorcraft just wasn't doing anything?

You are using Amsoil XL 5W-30 and the 10,000 mile rating is normal service, not really for severe service in a supercharged application. Motorcraft 5W-50 is only recommended up to 7,500 miles, so I'm sure you should be fine.

Are you using the 170* thermostat? I'd like to see that UOA. You should send a sample to the lab, as it would be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread