Another proud Lightning owner

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
After spending 3.5 years overseas I came back to the U.S with a very short list of cars I was intrested in buying. Not sure how the Lightning got on the list but it was one of two V8 vehicles I would even want to own at the moment. Long story short just happen to go visit a Chevy delearship to look at a C5 Vette and I saw the 2001 L sitting there.
It already has a multi chip, jlp CAI, JLP air tube, Bassani exhaust, and other cosmetic stuff. Been out of the Ford game so long I'm not even sure where to start with modding this thing. If I remember correctly with a good tune and supporting mods the motor can take up to 500rwhp before needing beefed internals correct?
I think Im going to do 4.10 gears, and pully upgrade for now. I rember there were guys making good power with the magnum blower and ported eatons. I may go that route also. My goal is to make as much power as the engine can take.
Anyways it's great to be back in a Ford I guess. Look foward to enjoying my first p/u truck.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Whoa, didn't you get banned like years ago?

Congrats either way and welcome...back?

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
Thanks everyone. Been driving it around all morning and it's just a joy to own not to mention the gas millage is better than my previous toys. I need to measure the pulley to see if it's been swapped. I can tell by looking at the bolt it's been off. Overall I'm impressed with this truck and I look forward to seeing what it can do.

BacNBlak

WOODY
Established Member
Yea, stay with 3.73's. Too much torque as it is! Do Pullies and a tune and you'll be SOLID smokin those C5's. I got a C6 under my belt (twice) but I will say the driver of the C6 was a bit to blame....

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
congrats..now go out somewhere and do this:

th_DSCN0656.jpg

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Its easy to tell if its the OEM lower or an aftermarket... the OEM lower is caged/dampened with three arms that span outward to mounts they bolt to. Aftermarket lowers won't have this... solid pulleys will mount at the hub using three bolts whereas interchangable pulleys will have a hub mounted by the three bolts with several bolts affixing the ring to the hub.

honda hunter

Old School
Established Member
Well I'm sure it's the stock pulley now. Best I could get with my POS tyres 3/4 tank of petro was a 9.0 @ 78mph with a 2.1 60ft. Got beat by a crazy S10 with a LS2 bolt on motor 3 times in a row. Need a Kenne Bell pronto. What should I be running in the 1/8?

Users who are viewing this thread