Another P1-SC tuning Question

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
I just got my car back with a P1-SC Stage II. Everthing is running good except for the computer reverting back to stock timing at 5000rpm's or so. It happens about everyother pull on the dyno, but the tech who worked on it checked everything. What he thought is that the computer just has to get used to the chip. Now I'm running stock Motorcraft plugs. Should I switch to NKG coppers? Has anyone else experienced this with their Procharger? I'm going to run it for a week and take it back next Saturday for a final tune.

PS: I noticed the my cruise control and fog lights don't work :shrug: Now this is probably a simple fuse (which I'm gonna check tomorrow) but I could there be any correlation??

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Are you sure that its the timing? What kind of MAF are you using?

A few times when I got on it, my car would lose all power around 5500 RPM's. Its only done it a few times, though.

Yesterday, I got it checked out on the dyno, and hooked up a diagnostic tool to it when doing the pulls. Turns out that my 90MM LMAF is pegging out around 5500-6000RPM's at 5.12 volts!!!

More than likely thats what it is. Not your timing. If it was, what could be causing it?

-Homer

Users who are viewing this thread