Another Kenwood/Maestro install thread..

scott_0

Established Member
lol you guys are making feel inadequate with my Kicker amp and 12" sub

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
lol you guys are making feel inadequate with my Kicker amp and 12" sub

To each their own! If you like what you have, that's all that matters. I have a VERY EXPENSIVE habit of needing more than i could ever use of anything... hp or db

12V Guy

Established Member
Didn't know you could combine signals like that. I might have to give that a shot.

Something like this?
6inch RCA Plug/2 RCA Jack cable - Black - Monoprice.com

I also have to agree with scott_o... I'm EXTREMELY pleased with the customer service you guys provide. Its been very helpful.

To each their own:coolman: I personally think this kit is the best looking one I've seen, plus I really like the fact it has the cubby hole.

Yes, exactly like that. You are not combining signals in this case as the output of the Kenwood is MONO at the sub out already so you are simply taking the single signal (I know it comes out of two RCA, but it is driven by same input) and feeding it to three inputs. The one side that you Y will effectively have only half the signal input voltage so you may need to adjust the gain a little to compensate.

Thanks for kind words. We try hard to make each customer happy (despite universal truth number 1) and I love the kit too. We really tried to think about it when we designed it.

Cheers,

12V Guy

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
true thats the beauty of aftermarket, we have a lot of options... i don't particularly like that they retained the stock top led screen.

to each their own as someone else said. but the functions of this option are nice no doubt about it.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
After seeing some of the other displays offered on other kits, I LOVE the idea that they use the stock led screen.

RioRed4v

Established Member
Yes, exactly like that. You are not combining signals in this case as the output of the Kenwood it MONO at the sub out already so you are simply taking the single signal (I know it comes out of two RCA, but it is driven by same input) and feeding it to three inputs. The one side that you Y will effectively have only half the signal input voltage so you may need to adjust the gain a little to compensate.

Thanks for kind words. We try hard to make each customer happy (despite universal truth number 1) and I love the kit too. We really tried to think about it when we designed it.

Cheers,

12V Guy

Thanks again for the info. I'll pick up a Y and give it a shot.

12V Guy

Established Member
Why is that?

I would love to have a similar button layout to raxiom but being able to use aftermarket unit and have all these options (gauges, tire pressure etc etc)

One advantage is being able to see your song info while the main screen is running a navigation route.

scott_0

Established Member
update on my noise, I really wanted to avoid taking the head unit out to get rid of the annoying noise I was getting from the t-harness sub rca being disconnect. I was able to simply disconnect the factory subwoofer amps, yes there are two amps, I guess one per door sub. after disconnecting the amps, my noise is completely gone!!!! so relieved I didn't have to pull the head unit out, lol I just don't like disturbing shit when it's not necessary. hopefully this info helps anyone that disconnects the factory sub amps to install a separate subwoofer amp of their own.

RioRed4v

Established Member
update on my noise, I really wanted to avoid taking the head unit out to get rid of the annoying noise I was getting from the t-harness sub rca being disconnect. I was able to simply disconnect the factory subwoofer amps, yes there are two amps, I guess one per door sub. after disconnecting the amps, my noise is completely gone!!!! so relieved I didn't have to pull the head unit out, lol I just don't like disturbing shit when it's not necessary. hopefully this info helps anyone that disconnects the factory sub amps to install a separate subwoofer amp of their own.

Thanks for the update. This is kind of tempting instead of going the route of the Y. Not sure if I want to use the factory subs as a mid range filler or not

scott_0

Established Member
if you decide to disconnect them, they are located to the left of the clutch pedal, guess I should have mentioned that originally lol

scott_0

Established Member
had an odd and uncomfortable issue pop up with my climate control today. my wife and I had some Christmas shopping to finish, we hit the mall in the Mustang, when driving down the road I adjusted the temp a little down, about 30 seconds later, Mustang GT popped up in my display, the fan speed went to full, and the temp went to full hot, the head unit would display the climate screen, but would not change anything!! needless to say it got uncomfortable in the car fast! it was 40 degrees out and we had the windows down! not fun at all. I tried shutting the car off multiple times and restarting, resetting the head unit to no avail. I was livid at this, after I spent this much on this setup, this was simply unacceptable! my wife told me calm down, maybe if we got a bite to eat, it will clear itself out. low and behold, she was right! after the car sat for about 30min, all was normal again. but WHY did this happen? I tried calling ads idatalink but they were closed at 12 for the holidays (understandably) any ways, just wanted to report my experience.

Last edited:

RioRed4v

Established Member
had an odd and uncomfortable issue pop up with my climate control today. my wife and I had some Christmas shopping to finish, we hit the mall in the Mustang, when driving down the road I adjusted the temp a little down, about 30 seconds later, Mustang GT popped up in my display, the fan speed went to full, and the temp went to full hot, the head unit would display the climate screen, but would not change anything!! needless to say it got uncomfortable in the car fast! it was 40 degrees out and we had the windows down! not fun at all. I tried shutting the car off multiple times and restarting, resetting the head unit to no avail. I was livid at this, after I spent this much on this setup, this was simply unacceptable! my wife told me calm down, maybe if we got a bite to eat, it will clear itself out. low and behold, she was right! after the car sat for about 30min, all was normal again. but WHY did this happen? I tried calling ads idatalink but they were closed at 12 for the holidays (understandably) any ways, just wanted to report my experience.

almost sounds like the RR unit lost signal. I know when I didnt have my RR unit plugged in, and was running just the HU.. thats the exact same thing mine was doing. Showed Mustang GT and my fan/defrost was blowing hard and hot.

scott_0

Established Member
you may just be right, I'll call ads when their offices open and see what they think, just drove the car again about an hour ago and it was still fine, hope it doesn't happen again. I should mention that the obdII readings were never interrupted during any of this.......

Last edited:

14GT916

Established Member
Ok. I have recently installed my new Maestro kit with DNN990hd in my 2014 mustang gt. I had problems initially with the OBDII but managed to finally fix that issue after a couples if days of pulling my hair. I am still trying to connect the SYNC with no success. I tried the blue and orange wire and for a while the hands free calling worked but no sync. Then I tried the blue wire but no success. There are more then one solid blue wires as well. Before I tear my whole wiring harness. Can anybody help me out. What else do I have to do once the wire is connected? ........ Ok, I just looked at the diagram again. I guess I am to cut the wire so and connect on one side and cap off the side to the module. I guess that is tough to explain in writing and is why a lot of people are missing this step. It is the Blue wire though right? For 2013 and 2014? I will try one more time. Also, my iPhone 5 is not getting audio when plugged in, just through Bluetooth. Do I still need to hook up the iPod connector up to stereo?

12V Guy

Established Member
Ok. I have recently installed my new Maestro kit with DNN990hd in my 2014 mustang gt. I had problems initially with the OBDII but managed to finally fix that issue after a couples if days of pulling my hair. I am still trying to connect the SYNC with no success. I tried the blue and orange wire and for a while the hands free calling worked but no sync. Then I tried the blue wire but no success. There are more then one solid blue wires as well. Before I tear my whole wiring harness. Can anybody help me out. What else do I have to do once the wire is connected? ........ Ok, I just looked at the diagram again. I guess I am to cut the wire so and connect on one side and cap off the side to the module. I guess that is tough to explain in writing and is why a lot of people are missing this step. It is the Blue wire though right? For 2013 and 2014? I will try one more time. Also, my iPhone 5 is not getting audio when plugged in, just through Bluetooth. Do I still need to hook up the iPod connector up to stereo?

Call into tech support. We can help. If you plug iPhone into sync (when you get it working, there will be audio). If you plug it into Kenwood, there will be audio as well (no need for special cable) but you have to make sure a setting is correct.

Put radio in Standby source. Choose Setup. In the Kenwood setup screen there are 8 icons. Choose Source. Choose AVIN SETUP. In this item, AVIN needs to be set to AVIN2, NOT iPod. If you choose iPod, the radio assumes you are using the special cable. If you choose AVIN2, then radio makes iPod work completely over USB (no video though).

If this is confusing, call Kenwood tech support and they can walk you through it.

Cheers,

scott_0

Established Member
12v guy, kinda surprised you didn't have any input on my issue above, did you have any ideas on why this happened?

14GT916

Established Member
Ok. I fixed it. I did connect the blue wire to the maestro pink and red wire. I then capped off the other side. I then had to pair my phone to sync. I also had to remove the phone from the DNN990HD Bluetooth. Works great now. Then I came on here and saw what 12V stated about the AVN2. It was grayed out and not an option to switch to AVN2 so I believe I went in another route through the my mustang settings and was able to change the AVN2 there. Thanks for the help. I gotta say, I don't ever want to install another stereo again after this. Lol. Then I look in my garage and see my old DNX9990 that my wife wanted in her 350z. Crap.....

Users who are viewing this thread