Another high school shooting. Three dead so far...

Blown 89

Established Member
This is where I adamently dissagree. Tons of cops and fire for that matter get to pull pension at 55 or lower because of time or other, and most of those guys would be well aware and capable of maintaining the peace at school. Little johnny would be a lot less likely to pull this crap if he knew old Bill and Bob were packing every day, waiting to get to retire like the rest of us. You think we cant afford thesse guys, but we are already paying them, just not using them. I'm pro cop and fireman, but the retirement system basicly puts them out to pasture way too soon, at least in commie Illinois.
Our local school just spent $25 million to construct a new, more secure building. The original building had been there since the 60's and was both beautiful and functional. The new building looks like a prison. Take that $25 million, buy a few metal detectors and spend the rest funding 10 people at $100k a year for 25 years to run armed security.

Or, better yet, save the money and invest in metal detectors and secure entry points.

There's an easy solution to all of this but one side of the country is more interested in feeling good than solving the problem.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Just saying … back when I was in high school in 04 in south Florida not only did we have 2 armed resource officers..

We also had a let’s call him “ guidance counselor “ .. who was an ex NFL lineman.. ****er was probably 6’6 320. On more than 5 occasions when shit went down he tossed kids around.

Kids learned real quick about what “ **** around and find out “ meant.

C2tuck

Established Member
Just got an email from my daughters high school principal…

“Wanted to inform you that there was a BB gun on campus yesterday and we are investigating it further”

I LOL’d thinking back to shotguns and rifles stored in gun racks in all the pickups in my high school parking lot.

Funny thing was no one ever had a school shooting back then, but if they had there would have been quite a few country boys running to there trucks and running right back inside.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

The parents of the teen suspect accused of killing four students after opening fire inside a Michigan high school earlier this week are now facing charges, prosecutors announced Friday.

James and Jennifer Crumbley are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter. Their son, 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley, allegedly fired at least 30 rounds in the hallways of Oxford High School on Tuesday, killing four classmates and injuring seven others, including a teacher.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

The parents of the teen suspect accused of killing four students after opening fire inside a Michigan high school earlier this week are now facing charges, prosecutors announced Friday.

James and Jennifer Crumbley are each facing four counts of involuntary manslaughter. Their son, 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley, allegedly fired at least 30 rounds in the hallways of Oxford High School on Tuesday, killing four classmates and injuring seven others, including a teacher.

hell yeah. Great news. Set a precedent.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
This is why my gun safes still have the OE supplied combinations. There is absolutely no way my kid is going to guess these combos based on any other pin code or anything they know about me. If I get into a safe, they are not allowed in the room until that safe is closed.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The pity being how the charge(s) is only involuntary.

Just wait until we start hearing about the family from others. It'll be very interesting.

SHOdown220

Established Member
On a semi related note my wife is a teacher and forgot something she needed for class today. She asked that I bring it by her school and drop it off at the main office on my way to work. I wondered if I was going to walk through the door into the school or what.

They only have 1 entrance open for people to come into the building. As I walked up to the front door there were kids walking in right before me and the principal was greeting them as they came in the door, as soon as he saw me he stepped in front of the door and the 2 police officers standing slightly further back than him also stepped my direction. I explained the situation and handed him the bag for him to take to the office. Did actually make me feel a little better that they are monitoring who is coming into their building and obviously I didn't fit the description of a child or an employee they were familiar with.

Last edited:

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
On a semi related note my wife is a teacher and forgot something she needed for class today. She asked that I bring it by her school and drop it off at the main office on my way to work. I wondered if I was going to walk through the door into the school or what.

They only have 1 entrance open for people to come into the building. As I walked up to the front door there were kids walking in right before me and the principal was greeting them as they came in the door, as soon as he saw me he stepped in front of the door and the 2 police officers standing slightly further back than him also stepped my direction. I explained the situation and handed him the bag for him to take to the office. Did actually make me feel a little better that they are monitoring who is coming into their building and obviously I didn't fit the description of a child or an employee they were familiar with.

I agree with safety measures but my god some of these are pitiful.

Take yesterday for instance .. my gf forced me to keep my mouth shut.

Show up to the school to pick up her daughter with her ( 5th grader )

Picture: 2 lines of cars .. space in between cars.. so there’s gaps in between every car for the kid to walk through if needed to get to line of vehicles on left.

Daughter sees my truck.. walks behind mini van in front of jeep ( mind you these are parked vehicles ) teacher immediately grabs her , and says loudly “ YOU CANNOT WALK BEHIND VEHICLES” … and proceeds to walk her in front of minivan .. WHICH IS IN LINE BEHIND A ****ING CAMRY..

I’m sitting here like… wait wait .. she cannot walk behind car 3, which is in front of car 4… but can walk behind car 2, that is in front of car 3.

I started rolling down the window to be like “ what the **** stupid “ but she told me if you even QUESTION their methods they will ban you from picking up a kid..

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
They seriously shouldn't have that much power not to be questioned. It's getting out of hand and parents need to be blowing up the school phones and getting irate at the meetings. But then you're a terrorist. FTL

C2tuck

Established Member
I agree with safety measures but my god some of these are pitiful.

Take yesterday for instance .. my gf forced me to keep my mouth shut.

Show up to the school to pick up her daughter with her ( 5th grader )

Picture: 2 lines of cars .. space in between cars.. so there’s gaps in between every car for the kid to walk through if needed to get to line of vehicles on left.

Daughter sees my truck.. walks behind mini van in front of jeep ( mind you these are parked vehicles ) teacher immediately grabs her , and says loudly “ YOU CANNOT WALK BEHIND VEHICLES” … and proceeds to walk her in front of minivan .. WHICH IS IN LINE BEHIND A ****ING CAMRY..

I’m sitting here like… wait wait .. she cannot walk behind car 3, which is in front of car 4… but can walk behind car 2, that is in front of car 3.

I started rolling down the window to be like “ what the **** stupid “ but she told me if you even QUESTION their methods they will ban you from picking up a kid..

So…what happens when both parents get banned? They have home delivery?

kaz109

Established Member
Phew I was worried the media would have to report the child trafficking case involving the deep state. Like magic someone buys this kid a gun just in time.
80DED3D8-542C-4918-A43B-D7F3367CE88A.jpeg

rborden

Established Member

Michigan does not have any laws that require parents to secure firearms or keep them out of the reach of children.

I’m not sure the state has a case here, unless I’m missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread