Another high school shooting. Three dead so far...

VegasMichael

Established Member
Wont be long before EVERY school in America has Cops at the front door and metal detectors. Funny tho, where I come from that has been the norm for the last 25 years where I worked. They are in every High School at least.

Its not like all these occur in the High School's tho. In fact, the most notorious was an elementary school 10 minutes from my house smh. And the reality is these are not occuring mostly in high crime areas where guns are more prevelent.

I cant remember any taking place in any inner city high school or middle school but maybe im wrong. Seems to occur in suburbia.

Its not cost prohibitive at all to put a cop there. Plenty of retired Cops would gladly sit at a desk at the front door of a school and get paid $50k+ and considering 70% of ur tax money in ur town goes to the Schools it would be easy affordable.
The officer on duty at the Parkland, Florida high school shooting did absolutely nothing. Refused to go inside and confront the shooter. I'm not sure an officer is the answer.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Someone's dad is in some trouble. How'd a 15 year old get his dad's loaded gun before school?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The officer on duty at the Parkland, Florida high school shooting did absolutely nothing. Refused to go inside and confront the shooter. I'm not sure an officer is the answer.

I think I remember reading about that situation and how they technically aren't required to confront an active shooter etc.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@VegasMichael, that was/is an exception, not the rule, though. He was afraid for his life and should never have been allowed on the street IMO. A coward. Find another news story like that one. What you hear every day are stories of police officers running TO the crime being committed, not away from. And many have died/are dying because of their courage and dedication to duty.

VegasMichael

Established Member
@VegasMichael, that was/is an exception, not the rule, though. He was afraid for his life and should never have been allowed on the street IMO. A coward. Find another news story like that one. What you hear every day are stories of police officers running TO the crime being committed, not away from. And many have died/are dying because of their courage and dedication to duty.
I don't think I could find another story like that one if I tried because all the other school shootings didn't have an armed officer on site. I'm not disagreeing with you by any means but I think it's more important to focus on being proactive rather than reactive--meaning: more security precautions like metal detectors and such.

VegasMichael

Established Member
I think I remember reading about that situation and how they technically aren't required to confront an active shooter etc.
Kind of useless to have an armed officer then in my opinion. Then again, it might serve as a deterrent to some, unless they are batsheet crazy like the Parkland shooter is.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad it wasn’t an AR style pistol or AR...

Kids need to be banned...

On another note, once my son is of middle school age, I will be sending him to school with a back pack that has a compartment for a level 3 plate.... not joking...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t think this has anything to do with who’s in office. It has everything to do with kids not knowing what it feels like to lose. It comes from the parents that say spankings are bad and try to reason and negotiate with a 2-3 year old.

However Biden and the current administration will argue that we need less guns over shit like this.

totally agree with your train of thought...

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Someone's dad is in some trouble. How'd a 15 year old get his dad's loaded gun before school?

Why though?

Hell my gfs 10 year old somehow figured out my phone lock code … and it’s not an easy one.

A 15 year old.. could have easily somehow figured out a safe lock code… and loaded a firearm themselves …

Not exactly right to just place blame. A 5 year old.. maybe .. a 15 year old has the ability and mental capacity to figure out shit on their own.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Why though?

Hell my gfs 10 year old somehow figured out my phone lock code … and it’s not an easy one.

A 15 year old.. could have easily somehow figured out a safe lock code… and loaded a firearm themselves …

Not exactly right to just place blame. A 5 year old.. maybe .. a 15 year old has the ability and mental capacity to figure out shit on their own.

I would disagree in that parents who have any such “accident“ of allowing their offspring to gain access to a gun and said gun was used in a crime, parent/owner should get maximum punishment Under the law.

it is a parents DUTY to know their kids and their propensitie, more importantly, it is paramount that they do not allow kids access to their guns (unsupervised).

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I would disagree in that parents who have any such “accident“ of allowing their offspring to gain access to a gun and said gun was used in a crime, parent/owner should get maximum punishment Under the law.

it is a parents DUTY to know their kids and their propensitie, more importantly, it is paramount that they do not allow kids access to their guns (unsupervised).

agreed, this needs to start happening.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
He probably just ran down the hallway spraying people. A couple hundred feet is a large crime scene.

This is without a doubt going to bring on another we need stricter gun laws and ban AR’s argument.
Thought I read it was a pistol

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Users who are viewing this thread