Another "going back to work/found a job" thread

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Started a new thread, didnt want to steal JimmySidecars thunder.

So I was laid off about 1.5mo ago. The first month I could not get an interview to save my life, I was trying to find a job in the same city due to gas prices, but started to realize that probably wasnt the best idea. Started venturing out once again to local cities (30-45min away) and boom, had two interviews.

One was for an inside sales position at a small industrial pump supply company, the other for an estimator position at a large local cabinet company. The latter is the company my last job (after dropping their manufacturing line) outsourced all their manufacturing to, and I played a huge role in that transition and once that transition phase was over I was let go. The estimator position payed 25% more (almost $20/hr vs $15/hr for inside sales) and I know half the people there already so I took it. Pretty stoked, I always liked the people at this place and its a beautiful facility and a bit closer than my last place (shave about 10min from my commute) that was located inside the same city.

I start the 23rd. Cant wait, but I also have an interview this coming Monday at a construction remodeling company that starts at $23/hr for an Estimator or more DOE.

When it rains it pours.

Keep your heads up people, I was for sure I would be one of those out of work for a year or so living off the gubment teet, especially since the first month was jack shit. I dont have any special skills or schooling. Just gotta look in the right places I guess.

01svtL

Established Member
Nice, congrats! I start my new job in Houston on the 23rd also. I already have a job, but I get to go back to Houston, and get a nice pay increase.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
good job

and yes, if you look and really want a job, you can find one

i just posted up on careerbuilder one day looking for a second job in the banking industry

took me 5 days to apply, get calls and go through 3 interviews. I start on the 26th.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Congrats!

Nice, congrats! I start my new job in Houston on the 23rd also. I already have a job, but I get to go back to Houston, and get a nice pay increase.

You're coming home? Sweet! Where will you be working?

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
Good for you, but there goes your rapid post count:whine:

Congratulations:beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Congratulations!! That is freaking awesome! Networking with people who know your capabilities from previous jobs is a VERY effective way to find your next job.
HR people are under a lot of pressure to get the right people.
Knowing a current employee knows you, recommends you, and liked working with you before, goes a long long way!

Then chances are they know they won't be hiring a serial killer.:-D

Good for you, but there goes your rapid post count:whine:

Congratulations:beer:

HA HA! So true! This will apply to me as well!

So make sure y'all don't have a bad fuel rail pressure sensor or a bad I/C pump!:-D

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Congrats. I left my job Back in August and have kinda been looking.

Waiting to hear back about 2 positions..

Solopony

Established Member
Congrats man I am starting my new career on the 23rd also. I got canned when I gave 2 weeks notice from a job I took and had 2 others calls the week I started there. It really does pour when it rains, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread