Another Fresh Round of Spy Shots

dtd01svt

Established Member
It's amazing that people want ecoboost F150s after all of the inherent design issues have surfaced. Trust me - you will not want one of these death traps. My ecopoop ownership was just 6 short months. Now I understand why everyone warns about these.
I wasn't going to entertain this but you've forced me to based on the BS spewed on other forums as well.
Death trap? Wrong. 5 star safety all the way around. Please explain these design issues. And please show me where everyone warns about these.

02_Lightning

Established Member
I was getting 16 back and forth to work, and on a purely highway run going through a whole tank, I did calculate 18.

As far as ecoboost engines, inherent design flaws are moisture buildup in the CAC. Ford has no known true fix. This will cause the stutter/stumble on acceleration... nearly killed my family as we were passing another vehicle. This is a VERY common experience that all ecoboost F150 owners live with. This has also been attributed to many engine failures as of late. Do your research on these - not hard to conect the dots to determine that the f150 ecoboost application is a complete failure.
I own a 13 Taurus SHO and am actively working on unloading this car as well because I don't trust the engine. It currently runs fine - as do other front wheel drive ecoboost products. These see less issues because they don't cool nearly as well as the F150... which is why it builds up the condensation.

dtd01svt

Established Member
In an X-Sport ECO? My wife runs about a 70-30 hwy. 14.5 seems low. Its pretty sad that my '15 F150 ECO is getting 21.4 and these XSports are worse. But I'm running the 3.31 gear too...

Users who are viewing this thread