Another for fine guitar lovers

svtmc-g

Established Member
I just picked up a new PRS Custom 22....I also own a 1980 Gibson Les Paul Custom Silverburst...a rare beauty...the girl on the right is a ES-135 Gibson...and it sounds meaner than ANY guitar..seriously!
The PRS is the best guitar I've ever laid hands on...and I've played hundreds.

Check out my myspace.com profile and hear my songs I wrote recorded and played all instruments on!
my myspace profile
photodisplay.php

Jesse@MBRP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I play a PRS Mark Tremonti. I also have a 97 Gibson LP custom black beauty, SG Custom ebony, PRS double cut 22, Taylor 514ce, and a Taylor 410ce.

svtmc-g

Established Member
you're lucky...the singlecuts are over! I want one of those as well. Nice arsenal bro! I love Taylors...VERY nice guitars

Last edited:

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Damn! I love Paul Reed Smith guitars! They're like the Cadillac of guitars, in my opinon at least! That Les Paul is nice looking too!

-Mike

svtmc-g

Established Member
The Les Paul had unreal tone. A LONG story. Paint used for the silver was Buick car paint. Gave Les Paul sharper tone...more "bite"...Les Paul lovers hated it..wasn't "warm"...discontinued it...now a RARE beauty.

I LOVE the PRS....it plays itself and it's beautiful too! If you ever have the cash and think of getting one...DO IT! It blows every other guitar away!

Believe it or not...the best tone of the three is the ES-135. It does hard rock better than the PRS....and can do everything else better too. It's my studio secret.
Mc-G

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
Cool!
I own a 1949 Martin 00-18 (concert style) and a '62 Strat.
List of a few old rigs.

'7x SG standard
Gibson EB-3 Bass
Kent bass (oopps where did that come from lol!)

trottlebody

Established Member
I've been playing for about 10 years now. I play a Fender Strat Jeff Beck edition, through a MesaBoogie 4X12 Rectifier, I always wanted a Les Paul though. Nice Guitars!!!

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
[cakes] said:
I just started playing guitar, Im not very good

but I like the look of the Gibson SG

ipnwpx.jpg

I love the double cut-away. Mine was brown. Guess I wanted something different being a rebel teen in the seveties ya know... First Git love is a Les Paul.
My stat comes in second...

I've been playing since the mid-sixties (5th grade).
Man, I'm old.... :cryying:

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My dad has played a CF Martin guitar for years. Not sure of the model, but he always tells me it's very valuable. The sound is awesome.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
CobraBob said:
My dad has played a CF Martin guitar for years. Not sure of the model, but he always tells me it's very valuable. The sound is awesome.

Yep, a nice old D-28 or a nice pearl inlay D-36 are worth $$$.
Those are Dreadnought (big body) style gits.
Mine is a Willy Nelson (Concert) style but I converted it to steel from cat gut (nylon these days) strings about 30 years ago. ;-)

Great for lead when recoding.

Last edited:

CVR98GT

Audiophile Poster
Established Member
svtmc-g said:
you're lucky...the singlecuts are over! I want one of those as well. Nice arsenal bro! I love Taylors...VERY nice guitars

The single cuts are not over, PRS won the lawsuit by Gibson and have resumed production...would love to get one soon...I think it would be a nice upgrade from my american strat, not sure on the year, but I love her!

trendkilllx

Established Member
I am an old time guitar player, but have a 74 strat, 76 ibanez lp copy with emg active pickups, 90 Ibanez 770, and 2000 jackson ps2 (like a strat copy). Noticed PRS being used a lot know adays so must be good.

Users who are viewing this thread