Another Eaton Swap Thread

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
Mine is done and running. Bogs though when driving and seems to almost hesitate when shifting into each gear. Stalls out sometimes too when slowing down to take turns. I only have a premade tune right now from my tuner. I have to get it up to have it properly done on the dyno.

Any ideas as to what it could be? Got suggestions of TPS, MAF, IAC. Fuel pressure is around 30 at idle and 50 max when driving. Is this normal?

Do you have a wideband? whats your A/F? You are fine just in need of some tuning. no worries. Get your car to a tuner as soon as you can.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Do you have a wideband? whats your A/F? You are fine just in need of some tuning. no worries. Get your car to a tuner as soon as you can.

I have one just not installed. I know my tuner said he was just going to make the car driveable and thats all until he could tune it properly. I hope thats all it is. I'm hoping to be on the dyno this week to find out for sure. Other than that the swap went great.

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
been having fuels issues. pressure surging like crazy. turns out its the FRPS. Should be at the dyno by end of week. ill post my results

jalock87

Established Member
Can't wait to see your numbers! I'm almost done with my swap, I was wondering if anyone knows if you can keep thb 01 harness and how to make it work? If not what is the best way to solve the wiring issue with the iat sensors?

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
Can't wait to see your numbers! I'm almost done with my swap, I was wondering if anyone knows if you can keep thb 01 harness and how to make it work? If not what is the best way to solve the wiring issue with the iat sensors?

You can use it in the regular (99-01) position; before supercharger. Check out this thread a few posts earlier. I kept my 99 harness as did many others that did the swap. I modified my 99 harness a bit though. i moved my single IAT to the IAT2 location. Ill take some pics soon. Either way will be ok...IAT2 is preferable though. Just make sure you have an experienced tuner who is aware of your build specs and able to compensate to your specs.

jalock87

Established Member
That is what my original plan was is to use the iat2 on the blower only so I could pull timing from that reading, but the actual sensor connector is different. How did you get around that?

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
That is what my original plan was is to use the iat2 on the blower only so I could pull timing from that reading, but the actual sensor connector is different. How did you get around that?

Ill post some pics. I made it work. :coolman:

The other option is to splice in the actual connector used in the 03/04 cobra. Ford sells them. but they way i did it works just as well.

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Ill post some pics. I made it work. :coolman:

The other option is to splice in the actual connector used in the 03/04 cobra. Ford sells them. but they way i did it works just as well.

I used the 03/04 connector. You take your 2 wires out of your factory IAT and run them to the 03/04 IAT 2 connector. I forget which lead in the IAT2 you run the wires to though. There is a pic on a here I think of the diagram. The 03/04 IAT2 has 4 leads on it and the 99/01 has 2 leads. You will have to extend your factory IAT wiring because it has to reach the driver's side of the blower. The Ford 03/04 connector comes with about 12" of wiring out of each terminal on the connector.

jalock87

Established Member
I found a pinout for the IAT sensors so I think I will just rewire to the 03/04 style plug. Does anyone know or have a pinout of the alternator plug? I heard that you switch the outside wires and keep the middle wire the same. Thanks for all the help!

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
I found a pinout for the IAT sensors so I think I will just rewire to the 03/04 style plug. Does anyone know or have a pinout of the alternator plug? I heard that you switch the outside wires and keep the middle wire the same. Thanks for all the help!

You don't use the middle wire on a 99/01. That is a ground wire that our cars don't need. You may end up switching the wire, but I think the 01 wires go in the same spot on the 03/04 plug that they go in on the stock plug. I didn't do the wiring on the alternator or the intercooler pump my friend did so I am a little unsure which way. All I know is they work.

jalock87

Established Member
You don't use the middle wire on a 99/01. That is a ground wire that our cars don't need. You may end up switching the wire, but I think the 01 wires go in the same spot on the 03/04 plug that they go in on the stock plug. I didn't do the wiring on the alternator or the intercooler pump my friend did so I am a little unsure which way. All I know is they work.

Did you buy your I/C pump harness from LFP or did you go a different route?

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
Did you buy your I/C pump harness from LFP or did you go a different route?

I used a Meziere electric pump, from lethal, and wired it to a constant so that its on when the keys are on. I originally had an 03/04 Bosch pump but IMO a POS..had problems with it from the start and it was NEW.

Users who are viewing this thread