another Dyno day???

JaKaL

Established Member
...then accidents start to happen.

Well that "accident" thing sounds familiar.
Actually, I'm over the racing stripe I got the last time, Alex treated me very well all things considered.
And I do need to get back to test the new tune RWTD James provided after I installed the Steeda Cat-Back.
On a technical note. James was very specific about how he wanted the dyno run staged. His web site is down due to Ivan but from what I recall he was insistent that I run, and that the operator capture, from 1500 RPM on through to redline (limiter) due to:
a) The notorious lag in the a/f sniffer response time and
b) The ability of some these motors to reach their true peak at 6400+ and
c) I may be suffering from a bad plug (blowout) at about 5800 See my A/F Graph and HP-TQ Graph
The latter begs the question, should I bring a set of plugs with me and if so, whose? Could it be time for gapless Brisks?

Regardless, I’ll post his full response when his site is up and running and I can log in again. In theory I should see more HP & TQ and a flat 12.0 a/f. And, since installing the new tune I do find it harder to keep the beast planted so I don’t doubt him.

BTW, the 9th, or whatever day we get is fine, I only need a new file to send James in case my a/f is off. I’m done moding until spring.

hmwave

Established Member
JaKaL, Did you pulley yet?

That looks like belt slip at the upper end. Could be blowout though.

JaKaL

Established Member
Originally posted by hmwave
JaKaL, Did you pulley yet?

That looks like belt slip at the upper end. Could be blowout though.

No hmwave, no pulley yet. The second run was with the tune from James and as you can see it did help. -JaKaL

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok, so let's count this up. How many people do we have for the 9th? Hmwave, you're in? Team23jordan, you're in? How about you, JaKaL? And Ricksvt, will you be there? How many people will be there that you guys have told about it that have not been on the board?

hmwave

Established Member
Yes, I'm in.

It's worth noting that with the colder air coming in a few pulls to check the AFR is the wise thing to do especially for $75.
Recall that the weather was very hot at our last dyno session.

I had a one point leaner difference summer to winter with my first tune and that put me slightly above 12.5 in the colder winter days - not terrible but bordering on unsafe at full boost.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Originally posted by wizbangdoodle
:rockon: I want to see you drive in in 2 cars. :D

I'll do the old leap frog thing. Drive 1 for 20 feet then stop, hop out into the other and drive it 40 feet and so on,....NOT! I'll figure something out.:)

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
That's better than 50/50. Pretty good odds if you're in Vegas. Not so good if you like to keep your baby clean. I have been caught in the rain only twice in the 7500 miles I have on her. It really pissed me off, ask my wife :)

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
OCTOBER 9th..so we need to be there by 9:30ish??

and rain is no biggie for me...
just put like 3 layers of wax and it'll be fine

Users who are viewing this thread