another Dyno day???

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
OK. Carb Connection in Kirkland has the 25th of this month available or the 2nd or 9th of Oct. So what's it gonna be. It's $75 per car for 5 or more of us, no tuning. Tell me what date works for everyone and I'll set it in stone.

hmwave

Established Member
You won't get a dyno tune session for $75. That's really a private session with them on an hourly basis.
Last time they let us do Predator tunes if we were quick because we had so many cars to bump the profits.

How many pulls for $75? Three is typical.

I'm in but prefer the later dates.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
The guy I talked to was really cool and I'm sure, if it's not too busy, you might be able to sneak a tune in here or there. I am not sure how many pulls you get. It may be 3 but I thought it was 5. I'll call to clarify. If it works for everyone I'll set it up for the 2nd of Oct. Give me yea's or nay's.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
You get 3 pulls......thats how many we had last time I set it up. You have at the most about 5 minutes between pulls, but dont expect it all the time cause just depends on whos working the dyno. WIZ, if you only get 5, you should check into renting it out hourly that day for actually tweeking on the dyno....

Rick

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the info Rick. It is 3 pulls.
I hate to do this but I am out of town on the 2nd so it is either the 25th or the 9th of Oct. What's it gonna be? Spread the word so we can get a good turnout.

Last edited:

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
When I set it up last time, I believe I had about 18 cars come out there for the dyno day, it was a great turnout. You should actually look more into the tuning with the predator on the dyno, that way you only need 5 people and it will probably cost about 15-175 for about an hour on the dyno, enough time to tweak your tune

Rick

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Since you were the first to speak up, Hmwave, the 9th it is. Let me make the call and get it going.

I agree, Rick, tuning time may be a better way to go. I have a stock Cobra so I was looking at just baselining my car. If others want tune time let me know.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
OK, it is on for the 9th of October. They start at 10 am. You get 5 pulls to make sure you get the best run. I spoke with Alex. He said they do 5 pulls because some cars make more power on their last pull as opposed to the 1st. Depends on oil temp etc. They shy away from doing tunes while doing a group like ours because people get in too much of a hurry, then accidents start to happen. His suggestion was to have anyone who wants to baseline their car (like myself) go first. Then anyone who wants to tune can be at the end of the line and they will negotiate the tune price, normally $225/hr. He said they may go as low as $150/hr. Let's get everyone their and pray for sun.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe they do, however, Alex mentioned they are contemplating becoming a Superchips dist. They do have in-house tuners.

Users who are viewing this thread