Another dead Coyote - VMP TVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojobee

Established Member
As the OP I don't mind it. I've read/learned a lot.

I haven't heard from Justin.

You're a good guy and i congrat you on being so calm about it.
However if you havent heard from him after he posted that he was talking with you a lot and that he was going to explain all the next day, i feel very bad for you.
Before he went missing did he at least gave you an opinion about what might have happened.
Was there a doubt anytime that it might have been the tune or was it simply bad luck (btw i dont believe on pure bad luck)
I understand your situation and if you prefer to refrain from answering that is totally understandable.
Good luck with the new build..

frogui

Established Member
. using 1000ml of meth wont change much and the ecu can take care of it cause it barely adding adding anything that just timing can't take care off. Now if you add enough meth you can go below ambient and will need to tune for the additional fuel and lower temp.

Last edited:

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
Subscribed. I just bought a 75mm pulley from VMP, and i know it is time for bigger injectors,and /or a BAP. With my current set up, which is the roush kit,82mm closed air box, cat back, JMS tune, i have went 6.80 @ 105 in the 1/8th.. I always run VP 109 in it for a safety margin.. This thread makes me real nervous, and makes me wonder if i need at least a BAP now, and if i should just leave it alone as it sits. :shrug:

NickSezz

Established Member
Subscribed. I just bought a 75mm pulley from VMP, and i know it is time for bigger injectors,and /or a BAP. With my current set up, which is the roush kit,82mm closed air box, cat back, JMS tune, i have went 6.80 @ 105 in the 1/8th.. I always run VP 109 in it for a safety margin.. This thread makes me real nervous, and makes me wonder if i need at least a BAP now, and if i should just leave it alone as it sits. :shrug:

You SHOULD be OK with the 82mm pulley. 80-82mm is as small of a pulley we (JDM) recommend for the stock pump (with our tuning of course). The stock pump usually gets maxed at around 600whp give or take. The cars we built that exceed what the stock pump can handle have been converted back to the old style GT500 twin pump setup. A boost-a-pump is a band-aid fix, but it works..

Coincidentally, 80-82 is all I would recommend for the stock block if your looking for any kind of reliability. 600-625whp is pushing it with a PD blower IMO. It's making way more TQ than those Paxton kits.

jlawm3

Established Member

What tires were you running? My car is a m6 and I am using Nitto NTO5R drag radials and my best 60ft was a 1.8, I know it has a lot left in it but my local track doesn't have a air station and I did have an air tank so I didn't drop the psi below 32lbs.

Snake40

Established Member
I too would like to see this thread get back on track... but I don't know if there are any?? I wish the OP could get solid answers he can share

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
What tires were you running? My car is a m6 and I am using Nitto NTO5R drag radials and my best 60ft was a 1.8, I know it has a lot left in it but my local track doesn't have a air station and I did have an air tank so I didn't drop the psi below 32lbs.

I run 275 60 15 M/T radials, 13psi. It cuts 1.5x 60 ft times.

Sorry for the hijack OP.

Last edited:

techwerkz

Established Member

Drop them. I used to ride around on the 555rs with 18lbs with no issues. Actually if you keep them that high the centers will wear faster than the outside.

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
It'd be worth giving Justin a call if you want in depth info. Spoke with Rick and Justin few minutes ago, they stay busy.

QTR

STAGE 3
Established Member
This is why I ditched VMP after 2 emails.

+1, The customer service there is horrific. They think that one size fits all, which is completely not true. Won't get into details as I don't want to derail the thread, but my experience was far from pleasant.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I can see both sides of this...

1. There don't seem to be a lot of VMP setup cars blowing up. I'd like to see how many cars run this kit/tune and never have any issues. If it's 500/1 then there's no reason to get all worried and blow this out of proportion. Every "lot" of items ever made have some stronger and some weaker. Connecting rods/Pistons have to be the same way. Every once in a while you run into one that can't handle what 99% can...

2. If you make a post that you will be sharing your thoughts on what happened the next day, and don't, then people will def start to get worried. Even if the answer is "I don't know why this motor let go, but I can tell you i've sold 1000 of these kits and I've only had a couple who had motor issues". I can accept that.

Established Member
I agree

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

mhyjek

Established Member
I can see both sides of this...

1. There don't seem to be a lot of VMP setup cars blowing up. I'd like to see how many cars run this kit/tune and never have any issues. If it's 500/1 then there's no reason to get all worried and blow this out of proportion. Every "lot" of items ever made have some stronger and some weaker. Connecting rods/Pistons have to be the same way. Every once in a while you run into one that can't handle what 99% can...

2. If you make a post that you will be sharing your thoughts on what happened the next day, and don't, then people will def start to get worried. Even if the answer is "I don't know why this motor let go, but I can tell you i've sold 1000 of these kits and I've only had a couple who had motor issues". I can accept that.
Did you see his datalog? Something went wrong and the tuner doesn't reply except one vague post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread