another couple of 12.72s...

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Well after the 3.5 hour long drive to get to sac (stupid memorial day traffic) I walked out with two 12.72s.... For some reason I coudnt get my 60fts down at all, they were a bunch of 2.1s....
I know the track is faster though, because I hit 115mph at the end. Oh well, it was still fun to get like 8 runs in, including time to let the car chill for awhile. 115mph means a lot of potential, I only wish I had some DRS!

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Another couple of 13.7's .. oh wait no .. 14.0's .. I was semi-disappointed with Sac .. All the "3 to 2 tenths faster" business didn't apply to me. Never got close to my 13.7 which I ran at Infineon.

However, like moto, I blew my previous best mph out of the water .. ran a 14.0 @ 107 mph .. previous best mph was a 104.5 I think. I never dipped below 2.35 in my 60's .. a bunch of 2.4-2.5's

It was nice to get a bunch more runs in than usual.. minus the fact that they didn't get any better. I counted 8 slips in my pocket, might have left 1 or 2 in the car .

03DOHC

Established Member
Don't pull your hair out trying to go fast on the stock tires. Get yourself some DR's or ET Streets. I have a set of 17" ET Streets in Larry's storage that you can borrow if you want.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
nope. didnt see him....

Ill be getting some DRs in the near future....Im going to need em!

Last edited:

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Jason, it doesn't matter what track you go to... your head will be just as big and heavy everywhere..

georgesays2.gif

jk.. congrats on the new et

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
thanks jersey!

I'd love to borrow your tires 03, but id be so self-concious that i'd break something... I dont know though, is there a better chance that I would with those tires?:shrug:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by MotoXracer21
thanks jersey!

I'd love to borrow your tires 03, but id be so self-concious that i'd break something... I dont know though, is there a better chance that I would with those tires?:shrug:
If you drop the hammer at 6 grand you'll probably break something, but I got them so I could leave at a reasonable rate without wheelhop so I wouldn't break a half shaft or break my diff. The one pass I made on my F1s it started hopping right about the 60' mark and no amount of pedaling got me traction out to the top of 3rd gear. It was hop in 1st, short shift 2nd and hop hop pedal pedal, 3rd hop pedal hop pedal. No wheelhop at all with the ET Streets. They are still new, so the traction isn't where they should be, but a few more good burnouts and they should be OK. On the last pass, the last time I went, I left at idle and got a 1.9 60'. Not great, but I didn't break anything and no hop.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
hmmmm in that case....hehe
I Can definately break em in for yeah next time I go out if you want! :D :thumbsup: Thanks man!

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by MotoXracer21
hmmmm in that case....hehe
I Can definately break em in for yeah next time I go out if you want! :D :thumbsup: Thanks man!
Sure, no problem. That way you can discover what traction will do. :-D Just let me know well ahead of time so I can arrange to get them out of storage. And BTW, they are not like DR's where you can put them on at home and drive to the track. You have to put them on when you get there. These are basically slicks with a couple of tiny grooves in the tread to make them DOT legal. You really don't want to be making turns with these.

03DOHC

Established Member
You take the jack out before you run and chain it up with your the other tires so no one takes them.

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
i will have some nittos with only about 2,000 miles (these were easy freeway miles) on them and one trip to the track for sale next week. they still have 90% tread left... so they look like NEW! will sell for $200 cash. paid $550 new (will include reciept). let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread