ANOTHER Boost Actuator adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
After reading a couple of different opinions/methods and trying them I was not impressed with my boost response, so I took a closer look at what I was doing and here is what I found:

(This may not be the case for you, but it worked for me)

I noticed that the actuator shaft (silver shaft coming out of the actuator that pulls on the arm) was not straight up and down when adjusted and was instead cocked at an angle, so I loosened everything back up and pulled the actuator all the way up and that straightened the shaft until it was paralell (straight up and down). Low and behold, I looked at the actuator arm and it was just barely touching the stop. Perfect! I tightened things back up and tried it out...

Setting in park at idle the actuator is all the way up, when I blip the throttle (not punch it) to a little under 3,000rpm the boost gauge goes immediately into no vacuum/low boost and the actuator arm slams down immediately. Instant boost response even with no load!

Edit: I now have an aftermarket boost gauge installed, and it is even more dramatic with it. It swings into boost RIGHT NOW!

000_0806.gif

I am happy with this method for MY truck. It may not work on yours, but you can check it out.

See ya!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread