Another base suspension question

finsrin

Established Member
Letz ask it this way.
Anyone or friend have base suspension and ---
1> it works fine - no issues
2> is "OK" - SVTPP maybe was way go, not sure. But buy a lot of gas with $$$ savings.
3> find it lacking for some of your "spirited" driving. SVTPP probably better for your driving style.
4> was wrong choice. SVTPP would have been better for your driving style.

Last edited:

03reptile

Established Member
I had a 2011 w/o SVTPP. I drove one with the SVTPP and found it too stiff and rough riding for normal driving. I'm sure it would have an edge on a track, but thats not what I bought the car for. The standard suspension is very good and more than capable, even if you tracked it on occasion. My 2013 is on its way to the dealer and it too is w/o the PP. You will be happy with the standard suspension...trust me.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I have the base suspension I have only driven 3 times so for about 130 miles and it rides as good or even better then my 2012 base car did. I never plan to road race so I have no need for the SVTPP and I will do more drag racing which is not a strong suit of the torsen diff. plus I didnt like the dark wheels on the SVTPP.

Dadz500

Established Member
From my understanding the base car uses what used to be the SVTPP from the 11-12's, might be wrong but a few have told me this. With that said I can tell you my experience. I had a base 11 and an a 11 with SVTPP and I also now have a 13 with SVTPP. My old base 11 road horrible. My 11 with SVTPP rides great. My 13 with SVTPP is a bit harsh in normal and very harsh in sport. I don't mind it, but it is not a daily driver. If this were going to be a daily driver, I think I would get without SVTPP, it rides like my 11 SVTPP car which is so much smoother, less harsh, less bounce, doesn't make you feel like you have to pee in your pants over bad roads. My $.02, hope it helps.

phil123

Established Member
I have the SVTPP so can't comment on the base. My wife and I both think it is very comfortable and suitable as a daily driver which it is in the normal mode. It has a nice firm feel but doesn't beat your brains out and still handles very well. Sport mode really tightens things up but the ride is pretty rough, then again that is why there is a switch. We like the dark wheels with a black car but if you don't like the wheels and don't want the TP I am sure you would be happy with the base.

Cam

n/a
Established Member
I had the base suspension on my '10 vert and it was terrible compared to my '13 vert with SVTPP.

KsE

Established Member
Base here, I rather take the 3k+ from the pp package to tweak the suspension on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread