Another banner month for Ford

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's not a pretty picture for a whole lot of corporations in this country, including of course, Ford and GM. The economy remains the #1 concern of Americans.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Ford needs to starts selling some of the cars they offer only to their overseas markets. Some of those gas sipping cars they produce would sell really good over here, not to mention the Australian Ford Falcon.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
+1....GM's sale are down 65% last month and Ford's 30%.:uh oh:

FWIW, GM ran 0% APR last month, which played heavily into this months numbers. If you look back, GM actually posted a sales increase in Sep, while everyone else posted steep losses.

Last edited:

2003 Silver

Banned
It's correct. But heavy sales the month before contributed heavily to the 65%. Without last months sale, I'm sure GM's numbers would be very close to everyone else.

Think of it as a hangover.

Gotcha...here's to hangovers.:beer:

MassCobra

All set
Established Member

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
GM sales were off 45% and the numbers are compared to the previous October ('07) not the previous month.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/081103/auto_sales.html

I know that.

I was pointing out that heavier than normal sales due to 0% APR in Sep would definitely impact the following month numbers, including year over year. In pretty much anything retail, the month after a big sale you usually see bigger than normal drops. If 0% was never run, you would likely have more consistent numbers.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
I know that.

I was pointing out that heavier than normal sales due to 0% APR in Sep would definitely impact the following month numbers, including year over year. In pretty much anything retail, the month after a big sale you usually see bigger than normal drops. If 0% was never run, you would likely have more consistent numbers.

Oh, I see. :thumbsup:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Ford needs to starts selling some of the cars they offer only to their overseas markets. Some of those gas sipping cars they produce would sell really good over here, not to mention the Australian Ford Falcon.
+1
At the Paris auto show, Ford announced that it will NOT bring over the popular Ka to the North American market. probably one of the biggest mistakes they could ever make. it's smaller, cheaper and more efficient than the Focus. have you priced a Focus lately? one of the more expensive sub compacts out there.
How many times do you have to shoot yourself in the foot before you realize that the hand holding it, is not the right one to be doing so?
Ford has long been regarded as a truck company that just happens to make some cars. they have to change that or before long it's RIP

Cobranator

Established Member
+1
At the Paris auto show, Ford announced that it will NOT bring over the popular Ka to the North American market. probably one of the biggest mistakes they could ever make. it's smaller, cheaper and more efficient than the Focus. have you priced a Focus lately? one of the more expensive sub compacts out there.
How many times do you have to shoot yourself in the foot before you realize that the hand holding it, is not the right one to be doing so?
Ford has long been regarded as a truck company that just happens to make some cars. they have to change that or before long it's RIP

Maybe not the Ka but Ford will be building the Fiesta:banana: here in North America, it's a done deal. The Ford Transit Connect is also coming here and the euro version Focus:dancenana: as well, at least that's the scuttlebug.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
At this point with everything going into the shi**er why not bring a car that would sell well to North America. If they keep this mentality up Ford will be like the dinosaurs...extinct:(

Users who are viewing this thread