Another bad o2 sensor. What part#??

Nuar

Established Member
Last time I had a sensor pop I was told the part number is dy-1165, however I didn't order the sensor online, I went to a local dealership.
They looked the front sensor up on the computer and gave me dy-1185... I didn't even think twice and I put the sensor in. It looked identical to my original sensor (down to the blue sleeve around the wires) and it being a Motorcraft part...
Problem went away for around a year, kind of.
All this year the car was running odd. I would get random stalls on a dead cold engine. If I let the car sit there and warm up 2-3 minutes the car would be good. I also have that annoying effin studder around 2100 rpm.
I was just expecting the code to pop up, but I drove like this for MONTHS and nothing was popping up.

AAAAAAANYWAYS to make the long story short I see the DY-1165 sensor online for $96.79 and the DY-1185 (the one I was given at ford initially) for $65.79

I am confused on which one to order... Any help guys?

Nuar

Established Member
So from someone poinrd out, the dy-1165 is the white sleeved sensor and the dy1185 is the blue sleeved sensor.
white being potentially for 2011-2012 mustangs and the blue for 2013-2014.
mot sure if that is 100% accurate, but makes sense to me since the dy1185 blue one was what the dealership gave me.

now i am not 100% sure if my sensor is in fact bad. I had a p2254 code pop up. I cleared it, drove around a little today and the car is not really any different than the last few months. I even monitored the fuel trims through the torque app and i didn't really see anything way out of the norm from bank 1 to bank 2...

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I don't remember the part number but I ordered mine through Tasca for cheap cheap cheap. It was the blue sleeved one.

FL Steve

Established Member
I also get that same studder from around 2000- 2250 cruising. With the new o2's I put on (DY-1185) It's very slight but definitely noticeable.

Nuar

Established Member
From what i've been told its because of the new location of the o2 sensors with the long tubes. Not much can be done about that.

Nuar

Established Member
Honestly i have no idea what to think of it anymore...
It's annoying to say the least.
See you at the Locktite show? :p

FL Steve

Established Member
Doing some data logging Wednesday night. If everything looks good I guess it's just one of those things you either deal with or swap out the headers. I am still running the extension on the drivers side. I'll be getting rid of that this week.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
OP, replace the 02 sensor for the p2254. That is usually the cause of it. If the 02 sensor is good though there is a lot of people that run long tubes with no hesitation while driving or drivability problems. Might be a tune related problem. If you have not relocated your 02 sensors in the long tubes you could try that. I've been on E85 for over a year with a ton of miles and have not lost a single 02 sensor since I relocated them.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...be-Header-Fix-With-PICTURES!-No-More-bad-02-s!

FL Steve

Established Member
OP, replace the 02 sensor for the p2254. That is usually the cause of it. If the 02 sensor is good though there is a lot of people that run long tubes with no hesitation while driving or drivability problems. Might be a tune related problem. If you have not relocated your 02 sensors in the long tubes you could try that. I've been on E85 for over a year with a ton of miles and have not lost a single 02 sensor since I relocated them.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...be-Header-Fix-With-PICTURES!-No-More-bad-02-s!

Nice! Thanks for posting. Just ordered the bungs today. The plugs were expensive so I just think I'll be picking those up at the hardware store.

Users who are viewing this thread