Another 99 Cobra build thread...

Slammed99Vert

“Ouch” the story of my life...
Established Member
@slo984now Any particular reason you went with the Procharger over the Vortech kit? I only ask because I may have a line on a Vortech kit for a killer price.

Found this from the parts farm as well.
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Terminator Eaton M112 Supercharger | eBay

Please keep in mind there are some things in this build that are a little out of the norm. I won’t be using any of the power steering parts and it’s getting a/c deleted. So really there are a lot of parts in the above listed sale that will be useless to me. One reason why it may be more cost effective for me to just piece together only what I may need?

Centrifugal as I said is absolutely not out of the question, but, I need to know what is going to be best in the long run and what is going to keep costs to a minimum. I’m not saying I want to go with the least expensive route, but I don’t want to needlessly spend on something that isn’t necessary. Thanks guys!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I just had a bad experience with Vortech in the past. I didn't like the set up. Plus I like the fact that Procharger is self contained and came with the intercooler.

Slammed99Vert

“Ouch” the story of my life...
Established Member
Well I had a nice long talk with the guys a Procharger today. Very helpful! That said I think I’m going to go with the Eaton swap. There is a lot more power to be had with the Procharger I know but since I’m in California making this thing CARB legal is slightly on the docket since it is no longer going to be a full blown race car. The Eaton swap can be reffed here so that’s a big plus, as well as once it’s been swapped if I want to throw something monstrous on top there are plenty of aftermarket beasts to chose from. All the way around it seems like a less expensive and more open option. Now let’s just hope there is a nice full kit for sale when I have the motor finished! I may just have to bite the bullet and buy the one I posted.

Users who are viewing this thread